Author Topic: Do we need another example of governmental overreach?  (Read 1056 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Do we need another example of governmental overreach?
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:52:06 PM »
Of course we do:

http://www.redding.com/story/news/2017/05/23/farmer-faces-2-8-million-fine-plowing-field/336407001/

Synopsis. Farmer buys field. Farmer farms field. Government charges farmer with multiple offenses totaling $2.8 million in fines.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Do we need another example of governmental overreach?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:00:03 PM »
...frustrated farmers revolt and starve out the country/blow up *expletive deleted*it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 10:18:50 PM »
So, was there actually 2.8 million dollars worth of damage done? If so, nominate him to head the EPA. They need better leadership in that area.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:18 PM »
But Bundy is a whack job.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 11:49:41 PM »
And they say he didn't "plow" the field, he "ripped" the field.

This is important, since the story I read says the law explicitly allows plowing for agricultural purposes. So now they're trying to make the argument that "plows" have tines that are shorter than what he used to plow - I mean "rip" - the field.

Is it time to start warming up some tar and stockpiling feathers yet?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:11:24 AM »

This is important, since the story I read says the law explicitly allows plowing for agricultural purposes. So now they're trying to make the argument that "plows" have tines that are shorter than what he used to plow - I mean "rip" - the field.

He ripped it to at least 10". I guess that's a lot to anybody who has no idea about farming or earthwork whatsoever. Makes for a good spin. Depending on the soil, rippers can go a lot deeper, or a lot less.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 07:25:14 AM »

I don't think they know what a plow is, because I've never seen a plow that didn't reach 8 inches to a foot deep into the soil. And plows certainly "rip" the ground -- that's what they're designed and intended to do. I wonder if the aw-thaw-rih-tays are thinking of a harrow -- which typically follows the plow.

Plow:

Harrow:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 11:00:57 AM »
The constitution doesn't give the fed gov the authority to regulate swamps on private land.