Author Topic: Archer Season 8  (Read 684 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Archer Season 8
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:33:14 PM »
Season 8 was pretty darn good. But what the hell man? Only eight episodes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Archer Season 8
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »
Dreamland was only 8 episodes?

WFT?

They're turning it into a BBC show or something.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:48:07 PM »
Ayep. Pretty good. But wait, wut? EIGHT 20 or 30 minute episodes?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »
Yup, they average like 23min, but I think that includes the ads on either end (I watch them on Amazon).

I've noticed more and more shows going this route. I was getting used to 13 or so, but eight really is getting British. Though I've been watching some Korean and Chinese subtitled series on Netflix, and they all run 6-10 episodes as well.

All hard to get used to for a guy who grew up watching series that literally ran 2/3 of the year. I understand some cutting down. Justified and Longmire both did/do get a lot done in a dozen episodes, but single digits is a little irritating to me. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
No one mentioned Archer's line invoking John Moses Browning?

Dudes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 05:21:31 PM »
No one mentioned Archer's line invoking John Moses Browning?

Dudes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey, didn't want to spoil it.  :laugh:

Given that most of the people involved with that show are way left, I was surprised (in a good way) that they even knew the reference, let alone used it.