Author Topic: New York Strip Roast for $1049.99  (Read 918 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
New York Strip Roast for $1049.99
« on: May 27, 2017, 11:41:23 PM »
And that's the Costco price. People rave about this Wagyu stuff (the ones who can afford it at least) but I just can't see spending the dough.

https://www.costco.com/bbq-essentials.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
Re: New York Strip Roast for $1049.99
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:50:11 PM »
Had it in Japan many times. It's very good, but I would say the price reflects the scarcity more than the desirability. Think of it like lamb or some totally different meat rather than a form of beef.

I think it would be expensive even if it were domestically produced in quantity, because the animals are small and slow growing compared to beef cows. But it probably wouldn't be $100/lb.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 12:32:38 AM »
There's more fat than lean in that cut.  I get that fat is flavor, but there's limits to how much is desirable.  All flavor and no substance is out of balance.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »
There's more fat than lean in that cut.  I get that fat is flavor, but there's limits to how much is desirable.  All flavor and no substance is out of balance.
When I have a steak, I want some actual meat in between the marbling.    [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »

I watched a vlog of a guy in Japan who ate that there and it had like half a stick of butter on it!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKFep4ekvx0&ab_channel=AbroadinJapan

Rewatched the video, it was more like an extra large pat of butter and it didn't melt all the way so... (in my defense, it has been a while since I watched the video and my memory ain't what it used to be!)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!