Author Topic: Cobalt  (Read 40159 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Cobalt
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »

But if they eliminate it, they destroy the source material of the cobalt that is needed to produce the batteries for their messianic electric cars (as in, What would Jesus Drive?)...

I'm not sure they think along those lines (i.e., looking at the big picture), but then again you may be right as they seemed to have no problem pushing solar, which besides the battery component creates a whole nother hazmat situation in the production of the cells. NIMBY.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
Speaking of the physical price going up, anybody know where you can actual buy it in largish quantities? I've tried looking but haven't really come up with anything.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »
There's no way to really predict how the earth huggers think.

Most of the time I think they want humans to go back to living in caves and other holes in the ground, but that would be humans raping the reverend earth mother, so that's right out....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 10:03:18 AM »
Speaking of the physical price going up, anybody know where you can actual buy it in largish quantities? I've tried looking but haven't really come up with anything.

You mean buy it and hold it physically, as you can gold and silver?

No clue. That's why the entire secondary futures market exists, though, so you can trade it without having to find a place to store it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:21 PM »
You mean buy it and hold it physically, as you can gold and silver?

No clue. That's why the entire secondary futures market exists, though, so you can trade it without having to find a place to store it.

Yes. Although not really as an investment. I've always thought it would be neat to get a bit of each element and stamp coins out of them with the face having their information like symbol, atomic number, etc. stamped on them.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 09:23:24 PM »
Yes. Although not really as an investment. I've always thought it would be neat to get a bit of each element and stamp coins out of them with the face having their information like symbol, atomic number, etc. stamped on them.

Ok, you had me wondering there, because as I note below, Cobalt really doesn't pull much value in per pound, so you'd need to store quite a bit of it.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 10:27:23 PM »
http://www.periodictable.co.uk/displays-overview/

As a former chemist, I think it would be cool to have something like this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 10:58:19 PM »
So I tossed some play money at US Cobalt.   Bought 100 shares at 0.5328....   we'll see if I regret it or not...   :)
How'd you get it that cheap.  It was hovering around $.06 until 23 Jan (I wonder what happen shortly before that day??) And its been between $.35 and $1.13 since, with it hovering around 70 cents per share since coming down from it's 2 May high.

I may buy a 100 or a thousand shares once I do more research on the company.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 11:43:50 PM »
How'd you get it that cheap.  It was hovering around $.06 until 23 Jan (I wonder what happen shortly before that day??) And its been between $.35 and $1.13 since, with it hovering around 70 cents per share since coming down from it's 2 May high.

I may buy a 100 or a thousand shares once I do more research on the company.

It was around that price back on Wednesday.

edit - And that would be the SCTFF, not USCO.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 10:58:34 PM »
Yup.   Set a limit order for .535, got it at .5328.  And as far as I can tell, SCTFF is the symbol for US Cobalt.  With the fees Ameritrade charges, I need it to go up 13.9 cents per share to start making money.  We'll see what it does.   
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »
I bought 900 shares of SCTFF (about $500) simply because at $500, my broker fees were $8.95 with USAA. If I only bought $100, my fee would have been $27.95.  Yeah, pennywise and pound foolish perhaps...we'll see.

Also bought some more Diamond Offshore since it's cheap, cheap, cheap...

I've still got about $1000 in my cash account.  I need to find a place to park it.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »
I bought 900 shares of SCTFF (about $500) simply because at $500, my broker fees were $8.95 with USAA. If I only bought $100, my fee would have been $27.95.  Yeah, pennywise and pound foolish perhaps...we'll see.

Also bought some more Diamond Offshore since it's cheap, cheap, cheap...

I've still got about $1000 in my cash account.  I need to find a place to park it.

I'll take it off of your hands. :)

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2017, 06:46:49 PM »
You'd probably just go buy more Japanese pajamas... :P :P :P :P

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 12:50:09 AM »
You'd probably just go buy more Japanese pajamas... :P :P :P :P

Don't be hatin'.  =D

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »
It's a more than $1000, but if you already have a Chevy Cobalt, a DF Gremlin is a lot more fun: http://dfkitcar.com/index.php
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2017, 02:12:37 PM »
SCTFF is down to $0.4399.  But it's only a been a couple months.  I think it is rebounds a bit, I might sell some/all.  Maybe keep 100 shares as a very long term long shot.   We'll see.  First it has to come up from where it's at.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »
I've got an alert set for 0.75, which is when I'll watch to see if it breaks out. Otherwise, I've already forgotten about the little money I put into it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2017, 01:14:22 AM »
It was odd, I was looking over things, and everything has a green UP arrow and high single digit or in many cases double digit percentages next to them.  (Thank you President Trump)....

Except SCTFF.  Big red arrow DOWN.  Which I thought would take off as a many other mining stocks have.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
It was odd, I was looking over things, and everything has a green UP arrow and high single digit or in many cases double digit percentages next to them.  (Thank you President Trump)....

Except SCTFF.  Big red arrow DOWN.  Which I thought would take off as a many other mining stocks have.

Probably because I bought some. Everything seems to do that with me. lol Sorry guys.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »
A rising market segment won't always be reflected by gains for all its members, especially if that member has marginal to poor fundamentals.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
Interesting story on child labor in Congo cobalt mines and Musk claiming he will only purchase North American cobalt (which by the numbers seems unlikely).

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/08/10/this-is-the-future-liberals-want-cars-powered-by-child-labor-instead-of-gasoline/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »
I'm up $6!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 11:02:36 AM »
I'm up $27 !!!  (now $34 !!!)

Should I sell ??

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:21:35 AM by Amy Schumer »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 08:50:22 AM »
Looks like it jumped up a bit recently, I wonder why. I'm still down, but working my way up to positive it looks like. Bought in not at it's peak, but close. Bought a little bit more later on when it was less than what it is now in order to average it down some.