Author Topic: So I Guess Beheading in Effigy is OK Now  (Read 10393 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: So I Guess Beheading in Effigy is OK Now
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »
And depicting a person's severed bloody head isn't bullying, it's free speech, right?

Once again, as Ben has iterated several times, it's the double standard that bothers me.

Correct. Displaying a full, 3-D likeness of someone's bloody, severed head is free speech. The person whose head was displayed objecting to said display by saying such mean things as "That's not funny" is bullying.

It's really quite simple, why don't you understand?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »
She's taking back her apology.

I guess the press conference where she made herself the victim didn't get her enough PR, so now it's time to attack her "enemies". I kinda can't wait to hear that five years from now she's doing a "what went wrong" interview from her home in a trailer park in Nebraska.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/29/kathy-griffin-no-longer-sorry-for-trump-photo-shoot-whole-outrage-was-bs.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »
Earlier this week she came out with a screed about how she's no longer friends with Anderson Cooper, apparently because he released a statement condemning her stunt BEFORE he talked to her (and got her permission to say how disgusted he was, I guess).
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 10:14:14 AM »
"No, you’re full of crap," Griffin screeched at Armytage. "Stop acting like my little picture is more important than talking about the actual atrocities that the president of the United States is committing."

Uh. Has he committed any atrocities so far? Probably just drone strikes, I would imagine. Same as last couple of Presidents. They've been on legal shaky ground because of the whole "using military forces in countries not approved by Congress" thing.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
Uh. Has he committed any atrocities so far?

He made Maria Chappelle-Nadal feel "traumatized!!!!!1111"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
He made Maria Chappelle-Nadal feel "traumatized!!!!!1111"

For that he deserves to be knighted, not beheaded.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 05:45:54 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/22/kathy-griffin-has-ugly-break-with-her-lawyer-over-beheaded-trump-pic.html

The lawyer issued a very good statement detailing her side of things. She really took the high road.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/22/kathy-griffin-has-ugly-break-with-her-lawyer-over-beheaded-trump-pic.html

The lawyer issued a very good statement detailing her side of things. She really took the high road.

Griffin is really a full bubble off plumb. I saw the other day she was making fun of Dana Loesch because one of her sponsors is a beet juice company. Somehow Griffin forgot that she herself was not only promoting the squatty potty, but got fired from the gig.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 06:29:19 PM »
Interesting that the article doesn't mention that other famous client she no longer represents.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
Griffin has not yet responded and it’s unclear at this time what caused the celebrity to turn on her former lawyer.

Bloom probably sent her a bill and Griffin didn't pay it. Bloom's office called to request payment ...