Author Topic: Maruchan Instant Lunch  (Read 4765 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Maruchan Instant Lunch
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 12:44:13 PM »
Wish I could still eat carbs.  =(
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
You have to use a combination of dietary adjustments and exercise (doesn't have to be hardcore) to boost your metabolism.

This week's "dietary adjustment" for me was taking the scenic route to turn the .75 mile to the cafe into a 19.5 mile bike ride through the countryside, with four rather unkind hills.

Felt pretty good, too; as best I can recall, it's the first time I've done that much distance with a moderate load, (about 10lbs; it's really as much about the drag and crosswind area of the panniers as the weight, up to a point) without climbing off the bike at any point, and with only a brief stop to turn on the taillight and switch water bottles.  If I can get to the point of doing that three times in a day, sleeping in the hammock and not being too sore to do it again the next day, I'm going to have to plan a serious tour.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 08:08:51 PM »
Get your thyroid checked.

done it; they say it's low. but the only treatment is thyroid hormone which is addictive, and I'm not willing to go there right now.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2017, 12:38:42 PM »
done it; they say it's low. but the only treatment is thyroid hormone which is addictive, and I'm not willing to go there right now.

It's not the only treatment.

There are numerous studies that not only link vitamin supplementation to helping proper thyroid function but also on the effects of other medications on thyroid function and how they stripped the body of nutrients…
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:55:33 PM by jamisjockey »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 10:31:07 PM »
Tried the Yokisoba Spicy Chicken for lunch today. 87 cents at Food Lion. Seriously spicy, had a couple of saltines w/ margerine (no butter available) for desert so my coffee would quit increasing the burn!! Will try the other flavors with some leftovers thrown in, or the peanut fix.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 11:14:22 PM »
I bought an off brand version once called Manchurian Instant Noodles. After eating them every thing got really hazy and when I came to I was up in a building with a rifle.

Fortunately Frank Sinatra was there to help me out.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »
I bought an off brand version once called Manchurian Instant Noodles. After eating them every thing got really hazy and when I came to I was up in a building with a rifle.

Fortunately Frank Sinatra was there to help me out.

Goddamn it! You weren't supposed to have eaten those yet! You were supposed to wait for the key word!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 12:26:04 PM »
Whoa.

I just got the mother of all instant lunches...

I think it had about 3 times the amount of chili seasoning that the other ones have had.

Holy crap was it hot!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2017, 12:21:20 PM »
I finally remembered to pick up a can of coconut milk.

Adding that to the spicy chicken ramen (made with water), adding diced chicken, adding a glob of peanut butter, and dousing liberally with hot sauce?

HOLY CRAP IS IT GOOD!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
Mmmm ramen noodles.

On the weight gain yeah Dr it up. Hormones, imbalances, etc out of whack can do all sorts of funny things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:37 PM »

Where did you find that information?
I've been on Synthroid for almost 2 years and none of my research on thyroid problems came up with anything like that.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »
You say "lunch", I think you mean malnutritional filler.

Truth.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?