Author Topic: Batman is dead  (Read 1429 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Unisaw

• friend
Re: Batman is dead
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:56:03 PM »
It's sad. I can't imagine how many hours my brother and I, and then my son, spent watching his Batman character.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »
Adam West was a fine actor who did a lot of things besides "Batman."  I was actually quit the fan of that show back in the 1960s.
He starred in an episode of "THE OUTER LIMITS"  called 'THE INVISIBLE ENEMY,"  in which a spaceship lands on Mars only to be beset by an enemy that has destroyed an earlier expedition and they cannot locate the beasties.  It turns out they are a reptilian type of creature with nasty claws that live in a sandy underground, navigating like sharks in an ocean.  In fact they refer to them as "sand sharks,"  sort of ironic because there actually IS a type of shark here on earth we call sandsharks; they are small, maybe a foot to eighteen inches long, look just like the "Jaws" shark save maybe a bit more streamlined.  Oh, and they are absolutly harmless to human beings.  If they weren't I'd be dead ;)  .
That Outer Limits episode scarred the ****** out of me as a kid and to this day I remember watching it when I was maybe 8 or 9.   I have it on DVD now and it almost seems quaint .... but that was one of two episodes of that series I REMEMBER from childhood, so impressed was I.

R.I.P. Adam West.  
I was a fan.  

And still am.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:16:45 PM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »
. . .  I was actually quit the fan of that show back in the 1960s . . .
Even though I was quite young at the time, I only liked one character in the BATMAN tv show . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
Even though I was quite young at the time, I only liked one character in the BATMAN tv show . . .

MEEEOOOOW!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 01:50:50 PM »
I read a suggestion that ask the subsequent Batmans ought to attend the funeral. 

I like that idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »
It takes a very fine actor to get away with over acting that well.

I've been catching the Batman show on OTA TV lately, and I'm surprised that I appreciate it so much more now.

RIP, Mr. West.  Good job !

Terry

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 10:24:48 PM »
batman clinton by lmmiers, on Flickr
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »