Author Topic: Completely random shooting close to home  (Read 458 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Completely random shooting close to home
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:20:09 AM »
http://www.arlingtontimes.com/news/arrest-made-in-killing-of-marysville-man/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email

http://www.heraldnet.com/news/slain-marysville-man-was-shot-8-times-suspect-i-shot-him/

59 year old man brandishes gun on a local transit bus, then walks to a nearby neighborhood and ends up killing another 59 year old man who had approached him about odd behavior.  Police have no motives at this time. 

This captured my attention for three reasons: it is close by; my wife and I are often on the front porch in good weather after work looking over the neighborhood; when I am telecommuting, I can see the road coming into our development, and if I see a strange car cruising up and down, I go out and ask them if they are lost.  90% of the time they are, and they are grateful when I point out the correct address, and the other 10% take off like a shot when I approach to talk to them.  It all makes me think about the random nature of such events.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Completely random shooting close to home
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »
AUATT! (Arm Up All The Time!)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Completely random shooting close to home
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
So that stuff doesn't just happen in my neighborhood.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.