Author Topic: cigar question  (Read 981 times)

zahc

• friend
cigar question
« on: June 23, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »
I happen to have come into possession of a cigar. It might be a few days until I can smoke it. In the past I smoked cigars immediately after buying them. How long can I leave it sit around before smoking it? Should I put it in the fridge or anything?

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: cigar question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 08:45:56 PM »
It's all about the humidity. If it's only going to be for a few days, put it in a ziplock at room temp. As long as it was properly stored before you got it, all should be good. Absolutely don't leave it out, especially in a low humidity environment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »
Like Ben said put it in a zip loc bag.  You can put that zip loc into a larger bag with a damp paper towel in it. Did it come in a cellophane wrapper?  Or a glass or metal tube?  Those will keep it pretty fresh. 

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 01:55:26 AM »
Like Ben said put it in a zip loc bag.  You can put that zip loc into a larger bag with a damp paper towel in it. Did it come in a cellophane wrapper?  Or a glass or metal tube?  Those will keep it pretty fresh. 

Note: damp, not wet!  A cigar that dries out is bad.  One that molds is terrible.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:53:43 AM »
Doesn't Monica Lewinsky have a cigar care and use blog?

If she doesn't, she should.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 05:53:52 AM »
Doesn't Monica Lewinsky have a cigar care and use blog?

If she doesn't, she should.

QOD, was it wet or just damp?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »
QOD, was it wet or just damp?

Probably moist.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 08:34:21 PM »
Moist enough to drip, I guess.