Author Topic: Holy Crap, I think I just Saw the Worst Movie Ever  (Read 2484 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Holy Crap, I think I just Saw the Worst Movie Ever
« on: June 26, 2017, 09:05:15 PM »
Star Raiders - The Adventures of Saber Raine

I saw it pop up on Netflix and I was bored, and figured Casper Van Dien, it should at least be a fun, pass the time B movie. Ugh. About a Y movie. Made in 2016, but the special effects are equivalent to, or worse, than Battle Beyond the Stars from 1980. I fast forwarded through and finished it in about 20 minutes (it would have been faster, but I was hoping for improvement).

If you have Netflix, you have to watch at least the first 10 minutes to see just how crappy and cheesy this thing is. I almost thought it was one of those fan movies because the acting was so bad (including breaking the fourth wall), but I looked it up and they are actual actors guild actors. including Cynthia Rothrock (who is apparently almost 60!).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Holy Crap, I think I just Saw the Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »
After Starship Troopers and the sequels that were actually made, why would you think he would be in a quality SciFi movie?

Just go back and watch Ice Pirates. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »
After Starship Troopers and the sequels that were actually made, why would you think he would be in a quality SciFi movie?

I didn't, hence "B movie". :)

I just didn't think he'd fallen quite this low. Ice Pirates is an A movie, BTW. I love that flick.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:22:59 PM »
No. You couldn't have seen the worst movie ever, because that title belongs to Yor, the Hunter from the Future
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »
I would say the worst is the Star Wars Holiday Special, or perhaps this Viking movie that I can't remember the name.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »
No. You couldn't have seen the worst movie ever, because that title belongs to Yor, the Hunter from the Future
Was that actually worse than The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies?

Or even When Women Had Tails?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 10:15:48 PM »

Maybe Shyamalan could do a sequel to Yor...

Yor meets Zardoz?  Think Connery would put on the diaper one last timeSunday?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 11:59:21 PM »
Almost forgot Bubba Ho-Tep . . . an aging Elvis and JFK battle a mummy . . . in a rest home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qo74_L3vo
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 02:26:03 AM »
The worst movie ever was Rabbit Test.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 04:45:29 AM »
Almost forgot Bubba Ho-Tep . . . an aging Elvis and JFK battle a mummy . . . in a rest home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qo74_L3vo

I've heard that that movie is pretty good. Plus it stars Bruce Campbell as Elvis.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
NOTHING with Bruce Campbell can be the worst movie ever!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »
I've heard that that movie is pretty good. Plus it stars Bruce Campbell as Elvis.

Bubba Ho-Tep is Teh Awsums!

The movie defies genre. By "defies" I mean it punches genre in the nards with brass knuckles while screaming horrible obscenities about it's mother. It is, however, a skillful, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable mix of soulful retrospective, light action, and dark comedy performed by a talented, dedicated cast who obviously having a ton of fun with the parts. Written/directed by legendary B-cinema hero Don Coscarelli (who doesn't get near the mainstream respect he deserves), the movie production was a labor of love by all involved. It shows in spades.

This is the role Bruce Campbell was born to play. He absolutely nails it. Add to that the near perfect on-screen chemistry between he and Ossie Davis. You can tell they are having a helluva good time with the characters. Brian Tyler's score is a little repetitive but it perfectly fits the movie. Add to that the spot-on visuals and incredibly good sound design. If you have a surround system, use it. If not, wear headphones. You'll thank me later. Writer/Director Don Coscarelli put this thing together on a shoestring but you'd never know. The man is a master at making a four-star feast from bologna sandwiches.

The movie has that certain something that comes from a talented, experienced, and devoted cast & crew focusing all their effort, care, and enthusiasm into characters, story, and putting a not insubstantial amount of time and thought into making the most of minimal production resources. They had to, funding gave them no other choice. The result is a deliciously unconventional romp on the odd side of cinema.

The premise, for those who've never seen it: Elvis didn't die. He wanted some personal freedom so he swapped places with an Elvis impersonator, who then promptly died. No one believed the swap story and wrote him off as nuts. Now he's just another old fogey Elvis Wannabe who's stuck in a nursing home in Mud Creek, Texas. That is, until Bubba Ho-Tep shows up...

Brad
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:30:10 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »
The premise, for those who've never seen it: Elvis didn't die. He wanted some personal freedom so he swapped places with an Elvis impersonator, who then promptly died. No one believed the swap story and wrote him off as nuts. Now he's just another old fogey Elvis Wannabe who's stuck in a nursing home in Mud Creek, Texas. That is, until Bubba Ho-Tep shows up...

And Ozzie Davis thinks he's John F. Kennedy; maybe he is but nobody believes him either. :D  Great low-budget movie.
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 01:20:57 AM »
Worst movie ever?

Zombeavers.

Not even the boobies could save it.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 08:08:31 AM »
Worst movie ever?

Zombeavers.

Not even the boobies could save it.

You obviously haven't seen Zombie Strippers

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »
Was that actually worse than The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies?

Or even When Women Had Tails?

What made Yor the Hunter from the Future the worst movie ever is that it was trying to be a serious movie. As in REALLY trying hard to present a story in best movie fashion.

And it failed.

It's one of the few movies I've ever been to that had audience participation, and it was because the audience recognized just how horribly bad it was.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »
Ishtar
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »
Yeah. Ishtar was pretty bad.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
Plan 9 From Outer Space
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 10:47:54 AM »
Plan 9 From Outer Space

It's one of those that's so bad it's actually fun to watch.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »
It's one of those that's so bad it's actually fun to watch.

I tried and just couldn't get through much of it. Now, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" made me LMAO!

Every now and then, just to irritate the wife who I forced to watch the movie with me, I break out in the Killer Tomatoes theme song.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:16:17 PM by HeroHog »
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 11:13:03 AM »
Oh! Oh! "Reefer Madness!"
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »
And let's not forget Jamis' favorite movie...

The Terror of Tiny Town...

:rofl: