Author Topic: NOW The Left is Unhappy with Obama  (Read 1746 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
NOW The Left is Unhappy with Obama
« on: June 27, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »
Apparently progressives are sick of seeing pictures of Obama on various private islands and from $40,000/night hotels. Also he's apparently been raking in the Wall Street speaking dough. Quite a contrast from what Bush2 did after leaving office.

I agree with some of the quotes in the article that a person should be able to spend their money and time as they like. Certain people just need to be prepared for the hypocrite label after thrashing the kind of people they are now trying to emulate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/27/obamas-under-fire-from-left-for-never-ending-sizzling-ultra-luxury-vacations.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: NOW The Left is Unhappy with Obama
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »
I wonder how much Obama actually pays.  Could be he gets a big discount for going to those places as a form of advertising.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:15:40 PM by Amy Schumer »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »
I wonder how much Obama actually pays.  Could be he gets a big discount for going to those places as a form of advertising.

I'm betting someone else is paying, no matter what.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:16:46 PM by Amy Schumer »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »

Almost certainly. Some of those places probably pay him to be there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:17:38 PM by Amy Schumer »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »

I'm sure the hobnobbing on the private islands with Branson, etc. is free (minus the tax dollars for staff travel). Who knows about the fancy resorts. Regardless, the optics are what appear to be enraging his base (or perhaps former base), as he's definitely living the "1% of the 1%" lifestyle after all that previous community organizing and obamaphone stuff.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:18:29 PM by Amy Schumer »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »
Took 'em over 8 years to figure it out.    Quick learners they ain't .
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 06:17:56 AM »
The Obamas have no shame, and no sense of propriety.

When Carter left the White House, he went back to his peanut farm in Georgia and started volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. When Reagan left the White House, he went back to chopping firewood on his ranch in California. When Bush (GHW) left the White House, he settled back to being a Grandfather, mostly from his home in Kennebunkport, Maine. When the Clintons left the White House, they bought a mansion in Chappaqua, New York, so Hillary could run for the Senate to "represent" a state she knew nothing about. When Bush (GW) left the White House, he went back to his ranch in Texas and kept a low profile.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
The Obamas have no shame, and no sense of propriety.

When Carter left the White House, he went back to his peanut farm in Georgia and started volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. When Reagan left the White House, he went back to chopping firewood on his ranch in California. When Bush (GHW) left the White House, he settled back to being a Grandfather, mostly from his home in Kennebunkport, Maine. When the Clintons left the White House, they bought a mansion in Chappaqua, New York, so Hillary could run for the Senate to "represent" a state she knew nothing about. When Bush (GW) left the White House, he went back to his ranch in Texas and kept a low profile.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

Well the pattern started with the Clintons since Carter has actually done more since he has left office than he did while in.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »
Well the pattern started with the Clintons since Carter has actually done more (GOOD) since he has left office than he did while in.

Fixed it for you. :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »
I'd rather Carter spent all his time in fancy resorts rather than opening up his pie hole.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/08/05/carter-israel-hamas/13640905/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 02:10:19 PM »
Don't you remember, about 18 months into the first term, when the far left started rumbling because he wasn't banning every gun in the United States and putting rednecks in jail as they thought he should?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
Did your post get edited ??

Just as a reminder, even though the person is out of office, the APS "No Name Calling" rule still applies.  See the Sticky above.  Same rule applies to quoting a nickname.

We now continue with your thread and it's present veer.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »
Well the pattern started with the Clintons since Carter has actually done more since he has left office than he did while in.

I don't think you're seeing the same pattern I was seeing.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »
I don't think you're seeing the same pattern I was seeing.
Yeah, he has been officially "approving" the elections of a lot of third world dictators has he not?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 08:29:48 PM »
The Democrat Party is the party of the extremely wealthy. Why is any Democrat shocked by any of this. We saw it with the very expensive vacations they took (all conveniently timed for when their kids would be out of school), and even their use of AF1 for dates.