Author Topic: Home Depot, Menards Sued for "False" Lumber Size  (Read 10414 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Home Depot, Menards Sued for "False" Lumber Size
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
You mean you have six warped one-and-a-half by three-and-a-halfs, I'm sure.

WHAT?!? WHO DO I SUE???
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2019, 08:41:56 AM »
I've been buying rough saw lumber from my uncle*. He has a small bandsaw mill and I can get pretty much any native lumber cut to pretty much any dimension I want.

*The man is 86 years old, runs a small saw mill, builds houses and does cabinet work and has a pretty good size garden.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
"Boards" and pieces of wood with a nominal thickness of one inch or less. A "one by" whatever is 3/4 of an inch thick. But a nominal 1-1/4" board ("five quarter") isn't 1-1/4" thick. They used to be 1-1/8" but now they're 1-1/16" thick.

I recently bought a couple 5/4 boards from Home Despot, they were exactly 1" thick.  Which was good because I needed exactly 1" - 1.5" would be too much, 3/4 not enough.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2019, 12:42:59 PM »
I recently bought a couple 5/4 boards from Home Despot, they were exactly 1" thick.  Which was good because I needed exactly 1" - 1.5" would be too much, 3/4 not enough.

I had a similar problem to solve last year when the bottom of one of my garage doors rotted out. I needed something exactly 6x2”... I went around measuring boards until I found treated 1x8s that were exactly 1” thick, and glued 2 of the together.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2019, 03:39:34 PM »
I had a similar problem to solve last year when the bottom of one of my garage doors rotted out. I needed something exactly 6x2”... I went around measuring boards until I found treated 1x8s that were exactly 1” thick, and glued 2 of the together.

What? No lawsuit?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
"Also I've noticed at least in Lowe's that in addition to 2x4 or what have you, they also list true dimensions."

Ah, Lowes...

Land of the L-shaped Lumber...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.