Author Topic: 25 Dem politicians plotting to remove Trump  (Read 9317 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
25 Dem politicians plotting to remove Trump
« on: July 01, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
Can't figure out how to link the story from my phone. Drudge is reporting that these damn libs are plotting to use the 25 th amendment to remove Trump.

These coup attempts are fixing to get real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: 25 Dem politicians plotting to remove Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 09:52:35 AM »
I thought it was ironically funny that Sheila Jackson Lee was one of the politicians using the "mental incapacity" clause. I heard an interview with her yesterday, where when asked directly, she said "No, I'm not using the 25th Amendment - I'm calling for him to voluntarily resign". She then later said, "...but I'm following up with the 25th Amendment".

When asked if she recognized that Pence would both need to vote and then take the president's office, she said something like, "That's the first step, then we have other options after that point". Alluding to the fact that she first somehow thinks Pence will vote with them, then she launches her diabolical plan to get him out and somehow get a dem (Nancy Pelosi!) in.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »
Offhand I can think of 25 democrats that qualify for removal for reasons of mental incapacitation.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 10:54:55 AM »
Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4655964/Democrats-lay-foundation-remove-Trump-mental-grounds.html

One look at the photo of the guy behind the idea -- and his hair -- is enough to send me running in the other direction. So he teaches Constitutional Law -- so did Obama, and he either didn't understand the Constitution, or chose to blatantly disregard it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »

I assume pandering to morons or emotional types among their followers. I dislike Trump, but I'd probably rather have him than Pence. Which is the point of VPs these days, I suppose.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
As I've said elsewhere, the apoplexy over the Trump phenomenon seems to have made them a wee bit loose-lipped about some of their under-the-table agenda.

In this link, I have seen the term "progressive constitutional project" used quite openly for the just about the first time:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_breakfast_table/features/2017/supreme_court_june_2017/neil_gorsuch_is_everything_liberals_feared_and_more.html

Referring to Gorsuch's appointment,

He is certainly more conservative than Justice Samuel Alito and possibly to the right of Justice Clarence Thomas. He is an uncompromising reactionary and an unmitigated disaster for the progressive constitutional project. And he will likely serve on the court for at least three more decades.

The point being, of course, is that there is a "project."

They want to rewrite and reinterpret the Constitution to effect their Communistic goal of completely authoritarian control.

And, by the way, I am not missing the use of the term "reactionary."  

Nor, for that matter, the word "uncompromising."

"Compromise" with them is the way we got where we are at present.

Terry
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:54:40 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
Sounds like they're trying to take a page from the old Soviet Union, where political opponents were declared insane  . . . of course, in USSR, they were then sent to an asylum somewhere in Siberia.

(Russian influence again!)

25 Democrats? They're going to need a LOT more votes, including much of the GOP contingent. They must be smoking crack if they think this will go anywhere. Makes me wonder if they're hatching this coup attempt to - somehow - generate cash for themselves. ("Go Fund Me - Trump Removal Campaign")
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »
Sounds like they're trying to take a page from the old Soviet Union, where political opponents were declared insane  . . . of course, in USSR, they were then sent to an asylum somewhere in Siberia.

(Russian influence again!)

25 Democrats? They're going to need a LOT more votes, including much of the GOP contingent. They must be smoking crack if they think this will go anywhere. Makes me wonder if they're hatching this coup attempt to - somehow - generate cash for themselves. ("Go Fund Me - Trump Removal Campaign")

Which is exactly what I was saying by pointing out the use of those terms.  To me, nowadays, being a reactionary is a good thing.

Is "reactionary" too big a word for a T-shirt?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 05:09:40 PM »
Watching these grand schemes for removing Trump from office is like watching a bulldog puppy trying to chase and catch his own tail... but not as cute.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »

We hit upon a winner.

People like to jump to conspiracy. Stupidity and greed are significantly more common factors. Why not both?

This was exactly what what's her name, the Green party candidate was doing for recount stuff. There obviously was no chance she won, but was hitting her supporters for money to do so anyways.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 01:41:42 AM »
There are rational people who lean left, see above poster, have known some people that can hold liberal beliefs and not go all arglebargle crazy. Those people, centrists whatever ought to be enraged and working to remove every D that buys into this and/or follows Pelosi's orders blindly.  This is all they have. Midterms are screaming into view. When the zomg Trump strategies fall flat what great platform will win America back? You want eight years of Trump, because this is how you get it.

I voted for him mainly out of hate for the other and disgust that in this golden opportunity (why does my auto complete suggest shower instead of opportunity) the libertarians ran a moron. Right now his score is three as I have it. Mattis, deregulation, and exposing the Republican party as finished. If he can finish the job, that is utterly destroy both political parties and the media then we can knock down mt. Rushmore and put up Trump.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
If he can finish the job, that is utterly destroy both political parties and the media then we can knock down mt. Rushmore and put up Trump.

:laugh:

I must disagree on the Rushmore bit, though. A Trump monument, if one there must be, should be built in former wetlands (a drained swamp).  =D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:11:53 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 11:50:16 AM »

:laugh:

I must disagree on the Rushmore bit, though. A Trump monument, if one there must be, should be built in reclaimed wetlands (a drained swamp).  =D
Is it too late to do a little plastic . . . errrr . . . granite surgery on the face of the Crazy Horse monument and replace it with Trump's face?  >:D

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »
Is it too late to do a little plastic . . . errrr . . . granite surgery on the face of the Crazy Horse monument and replace it with Trump's face?  >:D

No, but only if we make a pipeline coming out of some part of it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »
The President has been busy ... this list is a couple weeks old ...  [popcorn]

1) #HePersisted.
Yes, the US is officially withdrawn from the Paris Climate Accord. He has also stopped payment to the Green Climate Fund.

2) Here come the judges!
President Trump has used the Reid rule and the Republican congress to appoint a slew of conservative judges.

3) The Art of the Re-deal.
President Trump has hit the reset button on the odious agreement that our former president made with the dictatorship of Cuba. He will retain the embassy for leverage. Additionally, he withdrew from the Trans Pacific Partnership and is looking to get better terms for this country under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

4) The return of our political prisoners.
Aya Hijazi and Otto Warmbier were languishing in foreign prisons during the Obama administration. They are now reunited with their families.

5) The Apprentice, White House Edition.
President Trump signed an executive order to expand apprenticeships and vocational training to help all Americans, offering an alternative to the progressive college educational pathway that has undermined the success of an entire generation.

6) Trump shatters a ceiling….with the stock market.
President Trump hasn’t allowed the press-induced political dramas to distract him from engaging with business leaders and implementing policies that actually help the American economy. The stock market’s record highs are a vote of confidence.

7) Trump ends the Y2K crisis.
The President ordered the end to record-keeping related to the preparedness for a bug that afflicted some computers at the turn of the century.

8) Regulations are now on the endangered species list.
The key to many wins on this list, and likely all the future lists that I will need to make, is that President Trump and his team are focused on ending regulations, rather than mending them or allowing them to breed unchecked.

9) Illegal border crossings have plummeted.
The number of attempts to illegally cross the southern border have dropped each month for the past 6 months, and President Trump gives no indication of his changing policies.

10) ICE ices violent gangs.
President Trump promised that his immigration policy priority would be the deportation of violent gang members, and Immigration and Customs enforcement is working to decapitate the worst of them: MS13.

11) Classic energy sources are making a return.
A new mine has opened up in Pennsylvania, while Obama-backed green energy companies go bankrupt.

12) American companies are now “in-sourcing” jobs.
Lowering regulatory burdens and fuel prices has meant that manufacturing plants are beginning to come back to both coasts and the Midwest. In fact, the business climate is so improved that some foreign companies are now planning to outsource to the U.S.

13) Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.
Bonus: The nuclear option was deployed, ending the 60 vote requirement the next time President Trump nominates a Supreme Court Justice candidate.

14) Over 800,000 jobs created.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the labor market under President Trump has added over 810,000 jobs in his first five months.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/06/wins-for-president-trump-underreported-by-american-press//#more
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »

4) The return of our political prisoners.
Aya Hijazi and Otto Warmbier were languishing in foreign prisons during the Obama administration. They are now reunited with their families.

Well - sort of...

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 12:49:23 AM »

No, but only if we make a pipeline coming out of some part of it.

And he's holding a cellphone with the twitter application open...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 01:59:39 AM »
^ :rofl:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:09:27 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 12:28:19 PM »
According to Internet, there are supposed to be "Impeach Trump!!!!" rallies in cities "across the nation." Which seems like old news. Haven't they been marching/rioting and calling for his impeachment since early November?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 05:24:53 AM »
I don't think those useful / useless idiots understand what impeachment is or what's involved in it.

Reminds me of the "barkwave," which used to happen in one suburban area where I lived.

One dog starts barking in the middle of the night, and within a few seconds, all the other dogs in town would start, with the wave propagating outward to the edge of town.  It would slowly die out, like ripples in a pond.

I could even start a barkwave by woofing loudly all by myself and make fools of every dog in town.

IMPEACH Impeach impeach impeach impeach impeach impeach

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:42:45 AM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 07:26:54 AM »
According to Internet, there are supposed to be "Impeach Trump!!!!" rallies in cities "across the nation." Which seems like old news. Haven't they been marching/rioting and calling for his impeachment since early November?
The one that happened in Austin, TX was . . . DISRUPTED! It was DISRUPTED, I tell you, by COUNTER PROTESTORS SUPPORTING TRUMP!

These counter protestors even showed up with BULLHORNS . . . and . . . and . . .(gasp) THE POLICE WOULDN'T ARREST THEM!!

=D    [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 10:15:45 AM »
I could even start a barkwave by woofing loudly all by myself and make fools of every dog in town.

Those dogs must have felt really foolish, out there woofing loudly all by themselves.  :laugh:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »
It is possible the rich guys who were funding all the protests/riots are no longer providing funding.  Perhaps also most city govts figured out that letting those paid protestors get out of control was a bad idea.  However, I think the counter protestors have done a good job of keeping it from being one-sided.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 10:53:56 AM »
hint:  it takes more than 25 votes to 'remove' a President

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 10:04:53 PM »
hint:  it takes more than 25 votes to 'remove' a President

That's only according to the Constitution. Everyone knows that's out of date and that liberals don't need to pay any attention to it. (Except when it supports their side, of course.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design