Author Topic: Canadian Parents Get "Genderless" ID for Their Baby  (Read 5136 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Canadian Parents Get "Genderless" ID for Their Baby
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »
This is social justice warrioring on steroids. Notice all the markers:

• There's ONE child but, in order to avoid "labeling" it a "he" or a "she," the parental unit refers to it as “Often I’ll just say I don’t know yet, or I’m not rushing to apply those types of labels on this kid. Right now they’re just a baby.” [Grammatical note: "They" is a plural pronoun.]
  • The spokesparent seems to be (probably) the mother, but notice that no gender is identified for him/her/it. It's just "the parent" -- as if this was a case of a hermaphrodite parental unit. "B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker. 'For us, it’s a huge step forward,' the baby's parent said "
  • And the lawyer doesn't want her its name capitalized. WTF? That's a grammatical issue, not a gender issue, you twit [lower case].
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:25:13 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:57:38 PM »
It rubs the lotion on it's skin?  =|

Referring to a child as "they" seems like a good way to screw "them" up.

This nonsense has all the hallmarks of a mental disorder. Replacing clear cut reality with imagination, what is scary is the law seems to follow suit by forcing people to accept the imagination of a few. NO, just because you think you are of the opposite gender doesn't make you so... and forcefully creating ambiguity in the development of a child's self image is not good at all.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 12:03:24 AM »
Well, I for one hope that the kid, like I did a few times, tells the parents off and that "I'm a boy/girl!" and settles the issue before too long.

No, I didn't ever have to tell my parents my gender, but I did express my desire/dislike for something a few times.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 12:16:16 AM »
Right now they’re just a baby.

So she thinks it's plural.  :facepalm:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 12:28:47 AM »
When said kid stabs the parents in their sleep one night I feel that it should be a free pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »
When said kid stabs the parents in their sleep one night I feel that it should be a free pass

Plus eleventy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 07:58:56 AM »
So she thinks it's plural.  :facepalm:

"They" seems to be a common "identity" for some reason. It's like they really have no idea how words work, or maybe they actually have multiple personality disorder. :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »

I would not be surprised to see a rash of parricides in coming decades.  (And suicides, alas).

the parents

pic that accompanied the article I saw on the book of faces looked feminine, but appeared to have a short chin bristle type beard.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »
Someone needs to watch Sleepaway Camp, cause this *expletive deleted*it didn't end well for those folks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 10:07:49 AM »
Someone needs to watch Sleepaway Camp, cause this *expletive deleted*it didn't end well for those folks.

That's what I thought.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 11:46:43 AM »
What do you know.  Parent has a website.

I’m Kori. I’m a community educator living in Sinixt Territory in occupied British Columbia, Canada. I am a non-binary genderqueer trans person with more than a decade of community facilitation experience. I have specialized in sexual health, harm reduction, community organizing, technical knowledge exchange and radical approaches to wellness.

Surprise!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:06:30 PM by lee n. field »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 11:48:13 AM »
I’m Kori. I’m a community educator indoctrinator

Fixed.

I have specialized in sexual health, harm reduction, community organizing, technical knowledge exchange and radical approaches to wellness using innocent children as my political props.

Also fixed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 11:50:47 AM »
Yep. Someone's about to *expletive deleted*ck up their spawn and create a future special fruitcake.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 01:32:04 PM »
What do you know.  Parent has a website.

Surprise!

Server not found

Firefox can’t find the server at http.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I wonder if "it" (the parental unit) had to take "its" web site down.

My, my, my ...

I’m Kori. I’m a community educator living in Sinixt Territory in occupied British Columbia, Canada. I am a non-binary genderqueer trans person with more than a decade of community facilitation experience. I have specialized in sexual health, harm reduction, community organizing, technical knowledge exchange and radical approaches to wellness.

I'm sure Kori doesn't see any irony in being a "binary genderqueer trans person" [whatever that is] and claiming to specialize in sexual health.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re:
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
Yep. Someone's about to *expletive deleted*ck up their spawn and create a future special fruitcake.

One issue with the modern world is that a lot of crazy people find other people who share the same kind of crazy. Instead of negative reinforcement, they get validation. As the liberty minded person, I believe a person can have any type of crazy notion they like as long as all parties are consenting adult of legal age. If you want to believe your gender is mayonnaise and you sexually identify as an Apache attack helicopter, that's fine.

Forcing your beliefs on other people is where it gets much more grey. I'm leery of the jihad to force everyone else to believe the same fruitcake stuff. Tolerance is not enough for a lot of folks, of all different stripes. Acceptance is not enough. Validation is what they want. Not "Fine, if you want to have your gender listed as mayonnaise, I don't care" but rather "Yes, mayonnaise is a perfectly valid gender choice, and you are so brave for embracing mayonnaise as your gender. Death to any infidels who deny your true gender!"

I've seen plenty of adults who screw up their children by forcing warped ideologies on them. And not just the special fruitcakes. Plenty of wacko religions have been doing so since time immortal. For the same reason. They believe their ideology is correct, and it is their duty to indoctrinate their kid instead of allowing them to evaluate such things on their own merit. It's not going away anytime soon.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »
"Occupied British Columbia"?  I wonder if this person is part of a First Nations tribe in Canada and doesn't like high SPF people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 04:49:05 PM »
"Occupied British Columbia"?  I wonder if this person is part of a First Nations tribe in Canada and doesn't like high SPF people.

That was my thought, too, until I found a photo of "it" on-line. "It" appears to be a high SPF sort of ... entity. (Not sure if it's acceptable to refer to it as a "person," so I hope "entity" is socially acceptable.)

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
I wonder if "it" (the parental unit) had to take "its" web site down.

My, my, my ...

I'm sure Kori doesn't see any irony in being a "binary genderqueer trans person" [whatever that is] and claiming to specialize in sexual health.

fixed the url in my original post.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »

Looks like a paleface to me.

Yep, this is it:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »
"They" seems to be a common "identity" for some reason. It's like they really have no idea how words work, or maybe they actually have multiple personality disorder. :lol:

These people (notice how skillfully I avoided the use of "they") want a word that doesn't carry a gender association, yet for a single person these same people studiously avoid using the simple, accepted, gender neutral pronoun indicative of a single entity: "it."

The time has come to mount the resistance. We need to shame the it-phobes of the world. Demand equal rights for the its!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
^^^So is that a biological male?  Although I applaud the use of ear protection for the baby, and I can only assume they are at the range.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 09:42:10 PM »
^^^So is that a biological male?  Although I applaud the use of ear protection for the baby, and I can only assume they are at the range.

Yes, the offspring appears to be a son.  To my eyes.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 10:00:46 PM »

At that age, it could go either way. That's why they make those cute little headbands for girls. Emily had some real adorable ones.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 10:53:22 PM »

I actually meant the adult.