Author Topic: Poor little snowflake . . .  (Read 1258 times)

HankB

• friend
Poor little snowflake . . .
« on: July 12, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »
Young woman graduates from Harvard, gets a job, and runs into some . . . difficulty.

http://eheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/StraightOuttaHarvard.mp4

Laugh out loud funny, but these days, it's hard to tell the difference between real life and parody. (I think this is the latter; if it's not - if it's really on the level - someone needs counseling. Starting with a big bucket of ice water over their empty little head!)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Poor little snowflake . . .
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
Fake?  
If it is real,  then it is insane.   I'd can her butt too if she was late first day and had that ...  "attitude" (I use that term reservedly).  If it is real...we are doomed.   I hope it is fake....but I don't get any "vibes" from this female's rant that say to me it's  fake.
I dunno.  

Someone bitch slap  her and let God sort it out. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:43:36 AM »
Parody.  

"A parody (/ˈpærədi/; also called a spoof, send-up, take-off, or lampoon) is a work created to imitate, make fun of, or comment on an original work—its subject, author, style, or some other target—by means of satiric or ironic imitation."

Major clue: Who parties late on a Sunday night? :)

The trouble is, a parody represents some reality from somewhere.

Oh, "Hahved," of course.  But that's on a different planet.

Cute girl. Classically attractive. Good actress.  She might go somewhere if she gets a good agent.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 07:31:16 AM »
Problem is, these days it's almost impossible to tell the difference between parody and actual reality because crap like this actually happens far more than it should.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
Problem is, these days it's almost impossible to tell the difference between parody and actual reality because crap like this actually happens far more than it should.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »
I think I talked about this a last year when it happened... Edit in... Holy crap, it was TWO years ago now. Where the hell did last year go?

We hired a new tech editor last summer. Woman, younger, had a master's degree in something, samples she provided were good.

Well, she starts on, I believe, a Wednesday, and has to go through a bunch of .gov stuff, so she shows up Friday after it's all done (badge, training, etc.). No problem.

Monday rolls around. Our team boss is on vacation for the week, which leaves me in charge of the team.

So, new writer doesn't show up in the morning. OK, she may have had some more training to do. No problem.

Tuesday morning she doesn't show up, and now I'm thinking something is wrong, because I know that no training she needed to take would chew up that much time, so I got in touch with our admins, and they started trying to figure out where she was.

She was a subcontractor, so they called her company, and they have no clue where she is. They thought she was at work.

When they finally get back to us a couple of hours later, turns out she claimed to have a migraine. I've never had migraines, but I know how debilitating they can be, so OK. That she didn't let anyone know is a bit annoying, but to be honest, that's between her and her company to sort out.

She eventually shows up for work and is doing an OK job with what we're giving her.

Boss comes back, I fill her in. She's peeved, but we all think the situation is resolved.

Well, because of where this new girl lives, they decided to move her to our satellite facility. LOT easier for her to get there.

Things immediately start to go to hell. Her hours were increasingly erratic. She had multiple instances of "my alarm didn't go off" that turned into either extremely late arrivals (after noon) or entire missed days, again with NO notification either to us or to her company that she wouldn't be in.

My boss finally had a long discussion with her company's boss, and he apparently had something of a come to Jesus meeting with her. From what he was saying, she simply didn't understand what the problem was.

We finally had enough and told her company that she wasn't working out and that we were terminating her from the contract.

But it just baffles me that she literally thought she was fine and didn't have to notify anyone at all.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:51:49 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »
I suspect she was just playing dumb hoping to get away with it.  No one can go through that much schooling without ever having been in a roll call or having to explain an absence.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Poor little snowflake . . .
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »
I suspect she was just playing dumb hoping to get away with it.  No one can go through that much schooling without ever having been in a roll call or having to explain an absence.
Actually, given a lot of the folk I work with anymore,it wouldn't surprise me at all if she truly thought it was just fine and dandy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »
I suspect she was just playing dumb hoping to get away with it.  No one can go through that much schooling without ever having been in a roll call or having to explain an absence.

Sorry, but no, I don't buy that. I've seen crap like this from more than just her. She was an extreme case, though.

Oh, and what I didn't mention is that we started monitoring her time cards very closely because of her erratic hours and things just weren't quite... plausible. When we pulled the entry logs for the building, it was really looking like she was kiting her time, but because our building didn't require you to badge out, we couldn't prove it. But the evidence was there.

What really would have sealed it or not would have been the ability to pull the system activity logs showing when her computer was in use. But, since it's hooked up to a .gov network, we couldn't do that.

But it was still just another indicator that we needed to get rid of her.