Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 7  (Read 3709 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Game of Thrones Season 7
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »
Starts tonight. I won't be watching it as I don't have HBO and I wait until it hits Amazon (usually 1-2 months after the season) and binge them. Which will be easy this season because there are only 7 episodes. Season 8 (final season) is slated to have only 6.

We're turning into England with the freakin' short seasons on so many shows.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sideways_8

• friend
Re: Game of Thrones Season 7
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:04:44 AM »
We had a small get together with neighbors to watch it. It's like our football I guess. We gather together every Sunday, cook great food and have a few beers. The episode was quite good. It sets the pieces in place for some very good fights.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:02:26 AM »
People died!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »
We had a small get together with neighbors to watch it. It's like our football I guess. We gather together every Sunday, cook great food and have a few beers. The episode was quite good. It sets the pieces in place for some very good fights.

Tension building episode for sure.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 10:44:11 AM »
Here's a throne for you...

$5,000

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:19 PM »
*sigh* I keep trying to force myself to catch up. It's just not happening. I've seen all of season 5, but I need to rewatch it because I forgot a lot. I actually did like season 5, more than the others, but I just can't seem to really get on board the GoT bandwagon.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 09:55:56 AM »
To bring this back after watching 2 episodes, is it me, or are there others who think that the best characters on the show aren't the ones competing to rule?  I'm most intrigued by Arya's quest for vengeance and the Hound's personal growth.  The rest is interesting, to a degree, but it isn't what's drawing me into the show, and now the books.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 03:09:43 PM »
To bring this back after watching 2 episodes, is it me, or are there others who think that the best characters on the show aren't the ones competing to rule?  I'm most intrigued by Arya's quest for vengeance and the Hound's personal growth.  The rest is interesting, to a degree, but it isn't what's drawing me into the show, and now the books.

Agreed. I just finished season 6 and am planning on watching the first two episodes of season seven in a bit.

But when Bron and Jamie were approaching Riverrun and having one of their typical snarky conversations I actually stated out loud, despite the fact that there was no one in the room but one dog and the stupid cat, "If they kill Bron, I'm going to find the writers and GRRM and shove splintered 2x4's up their asses."

Although, I think at this point I'm really just watching to see Cearsi get killed. If she doesn't get a horrible, horrible death... I don't think I could stand it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »
Season is done.  No spoilers, I promise.

Not bad.  Still liking the supporting cast more than the three contenders for the crown.  Arya, the Hound, Brienne, Bron...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
Let me guess...

LOTS of people died.

White Walkers roamed.

Tyrion drank.

Danerys flew around on her dragons and looked hot.

Sansa schemed and looked hot.

Arya murdered people and didn't look hot.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
That's always been the GoT model. Anyone who is ruling is not fit to lead. Daenerys Targaryen, dragon lady, is the only possible exception. She may not always be competent, but her heart is in the right place and she nailed slavers to sign posts. Mostly just inexperienced. The rest of the leaders are evil bastards, or just flat out insane.

Virtually none of them are well prepared for the incoming winter. Sloppy logistics. Generally poor soldiering. Romans could have walked through every army in the entire place, up to and including the dragons.

Edited: Thanks spellcheck.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:44:57 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
"Generally poor soldering."

I don't know. The Iron Throne looks as if it's pretty well soldered... It's not as if it's collapsed into a heap of unattached swords.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
I don't know. The Iron Throne looks as if it's pretty well soldered... It's not as if it's collapsed into a heap of unattached swords.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 01:46:19 PM »
Season is done.  No spoilers, I promise.

Not bad.  Still liking the supporting cast more than the three contenders for the crown.  Arya, the Hound, Brienne, Bron...

Thanks for the "no spoilers". :) 

I expect as in previous years, it will be out on Amazon within a couple of months,  at which point I'll binge it. I guess as far as we know, next season is it?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 01:50:53 PM »
Ben, if you have the "HBO via Prime" subscription for $14.95/month, you can watch it all now.  Additionally, if you don't, but can binge all of Season 7 in 7 days or less, you could watch for free (sign up, get 7days free, cancel on day 7).  I may do that this weekend.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 02:00:42 PM »
"Virtually none of them are well prepared for the incoming winter. Sloppy logistics. Generally poor soldiering. Romans could have walked through every army in the entire place, up to and including the dragons."

You can so much say the same thing about TWD.

I mean, if Rick and crew had their *expletive deleted*it together, all of the zombies would be dead and society would be thriving.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
Ben, if you have the "HBO via Prime" subscription for $14.95/month, you can watch it all now.  Additionally, if you don't, but can binge all of Season 7 in 7 days or less, you could watch for free (sign up, get 7days free, cancel on day 7).  I may do that this weekend.

Chris

Hey, thanks Chris! I probably wouldn't add another $15/mo to the other streaming stuff I already have, but I like the "one week" plan. :)

Heck, even keeping it for a month is cheaper than buying the season.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »
I wonder if I could do seasons 5, 6, and 7 over Labor Day...

Seren would be quite pissed at me, and I have so much other stuff to do.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:30 PM »
I wonder if I could do seasons 5, 6, and 7 over Labor Day...

Seren would be quite pissed at me, and I have so much other stuff to do.

I forget if it's Amazon or Netflix, but 5 and 6 are available for free streaming, so if you have the service, you could always catch up on them first over whatever time and then just binge season 7 (assuming you are thinking of that "one week for free" plan).

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
Does that even really count as binging? The season is seven episodes and you get seven days free so that's only one episode a day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 02:50:57 PM »
Apparently it is a thing to get HBO added for Game of Thrones and then cancel it immediately after.

Westworld is absolutely amazing. If you do get HBO, I highly recommend, if nothing else, watching the first episode or two. The best acting I've seen in any medium, quite probably ever. The plot is good but not spectacular. Very high production quality. But Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris are flat amazing, terrifying and haunting. I've never wanted to nuke a fictional location nearly as hard as I did that show.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 02:58:43 PM »
Agree on Westworld.  I watched it while I had free HBO via Verizon. 

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
Fantastic season super tense but way too short
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
Agreed. I just finished season 6 and am planning on watching the first two episodes of season seven in a bit.

But when Bron and Jamie were approaching Riverrun and having one of their typical snarky conversations I actually stated out loud, despite the fact that there was no one in the room but one dog and the stupid cat, "If they kill Bron, I'm going to find the writers and GRRM and shove splintered 2x4's up their asses."

Although, I think at this point I'm really just watching to see Cearsi get killed. If she doesn't get a horrible, horrible death... I don't think I could stand it.

Agreed on both points! I think Bron is farking hilarious as well!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 07:34:27 AM »
"I forget if it's Amazon or Netflix, but 5 and 6 are available for free streaming,"

Amazon. Per Netflix, HBO looks at them as competition and won't allow them to stream HBO content.

And no where am I seeing GOT streaming for free. HBO is going to monetize the entire series for a LONG time, I'm afraid.