Author Topic: Kid Rock release a statement  (Read 3188 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Kid Rock release a statement
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:50:21 PM »
Detroit seems to breed musicians who I have no desire to emulate or admire their personal lives but can't help end up liking for their unabashed raw personality. Motor City madman, Eminem, and Rock all fall in there for me. I was never in the demographic to be a huge fan, but really liked that he put on a ton of free concerts for the military. And when the Cole pulled out of Aden she was not playing James Taylor on the topside loudspeakers. It was Kid Rock. I would much rather have flawed classless individuals who love the idea of America than those polished elite that can barely hide their disgust.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:32:14 PM »
 I have no problem with him running. He can balance out Al Franken.

As French said, rather someone flawed that cares about the core values of this country than some progressive Hollywood schmuck that wants to push European values on us.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:24:15 PM »
Bears repeating:

I have no problem with him running. He can balance out Al Franken.

As French said, rather someone flawed that cares about the core values of this country than some progressive Hollywood schmuck that wants to push European values on us.

Assent.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 12:37:08 AM »
So is Kidd Rock his actual name?  Just curious.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 01:29:09 AM »
So is Kidd Rock his actual name?  Just curious.

Stage name, actual name is Robert James Ritchie.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 10:23:30 AM »
It looks like Kid Rock tweets are going to be as interesting to watch as Trump's.

The responses seem to indicate he went straight over the heads of the elite's, who still don't get flyover country. It seems their complaints can be condensed to, "He wasn't eating a $25 gourmet burger at 9PM.

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/07/22/kid-rock-trolls-chuck-schumer-and-debbie-stabenow-and-its-delicious-looking/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »
This is why I want Trump to stay on twitter, and why it pisses off the left (and the media, but I repeat myself) so much.

They can't control the narrative.

There's no liberal "spin" of some reporter looking very grave standing in front of a picture of the White House, giving us a soundbite and then telling us what the president "meant" and paraphrasing things out of context. 

Twitter on Mr. President, Twitter on.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 08:20:38 AM »
The questions about why he is eating dinner so "early" show how deep some people have their heads buried up their fourth point of contact.  I'm up at 0500 during the week and I'm freaking hungry at 1700.   :laugh:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »
This is why I want Trump to stay on twitter, and why it pisses off the left (and the media, but I repeat myself) so much.

They can't control the narrative.

There's no liberal "spin" of some reporter looking very grave standing in front of a picture of the White House, giving us a soundbite and then telling us what the president "meant" and paraphrasing things out of context.  

Twitter on Mr. President, Twitter on.....

I've been thinking that Trump may have opened a door (or maybe smashed a door) that a lot of unwashed unsophisticates like Mr. Rock (or that other Rock) might be walking through. People without the pedigree of having gone to just the right schools, or of prior political experience. We may even see the horror of people successfully running for the presidency, who speak with regional accents. Scandalous, I know.

I think we've all noticed that the more polished the politician, the less presentable their politics seems to be.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 10:11:05 AM »

I think we've all noticed that the more polished the politician, the less presentable their politics seems to be.

You might want to rethink this part.

Maxine Waters?
Hank Johnson?
Sheila Jackson Lee?

Polished?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 10:33:33 AM »
 ??? I didn't say that everybody with jacked up political ideas was polished.

I'm saying that when the politician is more polished (think of the contrast between Obama and Palin, in 2008), their politics tends to be more crude, unintelligent, or cruel.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »
The questions about why he is eating dinner so "early" show how deep some people have their heads buried up their fourth point of contact.  I'm up at 0500 during the week and I'm freaking hungry at 1700.   :laugh:

That was my first though on how well he targeted that image. For a lot of people (me too in my first couple of jobs), "9 to 5" is actually "7 to 3:30". You take your lunch at around 1100-1130 and don't eat dinner later than 1700. Heck, even when I had a job I could sleep in for, I still kept the early hours

I don't know if Kid Rock ever worked blue collar jobs or blue collar hours, but he represented a meal that is perfectly acceptable, and thumbs up worthy, to a large majority of what I suspect his target audience was. And if he had the brilliantly diabolical secondary plan of letting a bunch of culturally elite snobs out themselves, well, well done sir. Well done.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »

Same here.  Mr. Alarm goes off at 0455 during the workweek.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
Same here.  Mr. Alarm goes off at 0455 during the workweek.

05:00 a.m. here. Typical work day is 07:00 to 15:30. I typically eat supper/dinner around 6:00 p.m. but I've been known to take my "evening" meal as early as 4:30. 9:00 p.m. is time for the before bedtime snack, not dinner.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »
I don't know if Kid Rock ever worked blue collar jobs or blue collar hours, but he represented a meal that is perfectly acceptable, and thumbs up worthy, to a large majority of what I suspect his target audience was. And if he had the brilliantly diabolical secondary plan of letting a bunch of culturally elite snobs out themselves, well, well done sir. Well done.

Ritchie was born on January 17, 1971 in Romeo, Michigan to William "Bill" Ritchie, a car dealer who owned several local dealerships, and Susan Ritchie. He grew up on a six-acre luxurious estate[5] where Robert regularly helped pick apples and cared for the family's horses.[6] He has three siblings: the two elder are brother William "Billy" Ritchie and sister Carol Ritchie; his younger sister, Jill Ritchie, is an actress.[7] Ritchie found small-town life dull and became interested in rap music, learning how to breakdance and participating in talent shows in the Detroit area.[8] At age eleven, he joined a breakdance crew called the Furious Funkers and taught himself to work a cheap belt-driven turntable. In high school, Ritchie deejayed at parties for beer. He eventually joined Bo Wisdom of Groove Time Productions in Mt. Clemens, Michigan to perform basement parties for $30 a night. He chose his stage name while performing at these venues; club goers dubbed him "Kid Rock" after they had enjoyed watching "that white kid rock."
Ritchie eventually ran away to Mt. Clemens at 15 and stayed with his friend Chris Pouncy. He was forced by a local drug gang known as the "Best Friends" to sell drugs out of a car wash at which he worked. In an attempt to keep the kids out of trouble, a man in the neighborhood organized a rap group, composed of its founder The Blackman, Champtown, KDC, Chris "Doc Roun-Cee" Pouncy, and Bob. They were known as "The Beast Crew". While performing, Rock befriended producer D-Nice of the legendary hip-hop group Boogie Down Productions. When Rock opened for BDP one night, D-Nice invited an A&R representative from Jive Records to see him perform. This meeting led to a demo deal that developed into a full record contract.
Against his parents' wishes, Rock signed the deal at age 17. He later became part of the Straight From The Underground Tour alongside several major rap artists, including Ice Cube, Too Short, D-Nice, Mac Dre, and Yo-Yo.[citation needed]

Nope. He apparently didn't have much in the way of blue collar origins, although running away from home at 15 probably gave him a serious reality check for how the other half lives.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 03:31:13 PM »
Pimping is not really blue collar. It's more of a giant, disco collar sort of trade.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 09:32:58 PM »
You might want to rethink this part.

Maxine Waters?
Hank Johnson?
Sheila Jackson Lee?

Polished?
What are Polished turds Alex?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 07:40:49 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/28/shock-poll-shows-kid-rock-with-a-huge-lead-in-the-michigan-gop-senate-primary/

I'm wondering just how many of his votes are from people who are basically just saying "*expletive deleted*ck it! It's Kid Rock and this is going to be a hoot!"

Because I'm telling you, if he was running here I would soooo vote for him just on that basis alone.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:43 PM »
https://youtu.be/2nf_bu-kBr4

Well, "Boston," but....
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.