Author Topic: Trump is Our Least Athletic President  (Read 1835 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump is Our Least Athletic President
« on: July 18, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »
Or so says the left, because apparently it's another reason to disqualify him as a legitimate president. As one of the commenters mentioned, what if Hillary were president? Also let's not forget Bernie.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/07/18/politico-magazine-so-concerned-over-trumps-physical-fitness-dems-had-better-rethink-2020-contenders/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Trump is Our Least Athletic President
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »
One early president was so corpulent, IIRC,  he required a special bathtub to be installed in the White House....don't recall his name, but I bet he was less athletic than our current Chubby Chieftan. [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
One early president was so corpulent, IIRC,  he required a special bathtub to be installed in the White House....don't recall his name, but I bet he was less athletic than our current Chubby Chieftan. [popcorn]

Taft!
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:12:16 PM »
Seems pretty athletic to me. Did ya see how he clobbered the CNN logo?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »

Wonder how athletic FDR was while in office?

Oh wait, he was a democrat so it doesn't matter.

:facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »
Or so says the left, because apparently it's another reason to disqualify him as a legitimate president. As one of the commenters mentioned, what if Hillary were president? Also let's not forget Bernie.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/07/18/politico-magazine-so-concerned-over-trumps-physical-fitness-dems-had-better-rethink-2020-contenders/

He's probably still stronger than 0bama.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »
He's probably still stronger than 0bama.

Hell, Rosalynn Carter is more masculine than 0bama.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 11:29:30 PM »
Wonder how athletic FDR was while in office?

Oh wait, he was a democrat so it doesn't matter.

:facepalm:

FDR  was actually pretty athletic until polio whacked him good.    He was confined to a wheelchair,  or at best, leg braces, as President,  and while I do not admire his politics I don't think it's fair to be critical of his Presidential lack of athletic prowess.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 12:02:28 AM »
FDR  was actually pretty athletic until polio whacked him good.    He was confined to a wheelchair,  or at best, leg braces, as President,  and while I do not admire his politics I don't think it's fair to be critical of his Presidential lack of athletic prowess.
It is just as on point as the comment about Trump.  Meaning it is pointless.  

Aside from Founding Fathers who were soldiers, I don't recall ever wondering about their physical athleticism.  To bring it up just shows these people are trying to throw the kitchen sink at Trump because all the usual tactics are not working and they don't know how to do honest reporting.  It also gets a lot of hits on their site.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »

Aside from Founding Fathers who were soldiers, I don't recall ever wondering about their physical athleticism. To bring it up just shows these people are trying to throw the kitchen sink at Trump because all the usual tactics are not working and they don't know how to do honest reporting.  It also gets a lot of hits on their site.

Oh don't think I don't get THAT!  They will not stop at the kitchen sink, either.  It's not gonna stop.   
The next 4/8 (?) years will be .... interesting, to say the least. [popcorn]

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 11:57:49 AM »

"I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today." Anyone remember THAT cartoon character from a bazillion years ago? 
Somehow that photo brought him back to mind.   [tinfoil]

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »

Aside from Founding Fathers who were soldiers, I don't recall ever wondering about their physical athleticism.  To bring it up just shows these people are trying to throw the kitchen sink at Trump because all the usual tactics are not working and they don't know how to do honest reporting.  It also gets a lot of hits on their site.

Been Franklin wasn't all that athletic, in fact he suffered from gout from all the rich foods he at.  And most of the rest of Contential Congress were older, rich guys.  They didn't spend much time.on working out at the gym.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 11:45:47 PM »
Been Franklin wasn't all that athletic, in fact he suffered from gout from all the rich foods he at.  And most of the rest of Contential Congress were older, rich guys.  They didn't spend much time.on working out at the gym.

At least Jefferson kept in shape with the help.

So confused here. Last week I was sure that Trump was the most athletic president based on all the golf he was reported to be playing.

When I was an undersize and uncoordinated kid I was always picked for teams second or third from last. Pretty sure Jimmy Carter would have been behind me.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.