Author Topic: McCain diagnosed with Brain Cancer  (Read 1235 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
McCain diagnosed with Brain Cancer
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:24:31 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/19/sen-john-mccain-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer/?utm_term=.3a97607ff38a
...a statement from the Mayo Clinic announcing that, after undergoing a procedure to remove a blood clot from above his left eye last week, “Subsequent tissue pathology revealed that a primary brain tumor known as a glioblastoma was associated with the blood clot.”

While I disagree with most of what McCain has said and done, no one deserves cancer, especially brain cancer.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: McCain diagnosed with Brain Cancer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:36:46 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/19/sen-john-mccain-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer/?utm_term=.3a97607ff38a
While I disagree with most of what McCain has said and done, no one deserves cancer, especially brain cancer.

Agree. That's a hard road to the afterlife. I wish him and his family whatever eases their time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:41:32 PM »

Agreed.

But in a purely non-hateful manner - I wonder if that could account for some his more recent bizarre actions.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 09:42:15 PM »
Just in time for leftists to make political hay out of it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »
glioblastoma

My mother in law died of that.  The survivability rate is very low.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »
Definitely not the first one on my list to "just do us a favor and die already".
Sucks for family either way.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 01:11:34 AM »
My mother in law died of that.  The survivability rate is very low.

Friend of mine is battling it now.   Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade IV....   Basically, he's been told he'll be lucky to see Christmas.  Seen a couple people taken out by that MFer...   It's not a pretty end.  Sucks worse is he's got twin daughters (mid-teenagers) who lost their Mom to cancer as well.  And a 2-3 year old little boy with his new wife (who just legally adopted his twin girls). 

McCain may deserve a lot of things.  But cancer, especially brain cancer, is not one of them.  Praying peace and comfort to him and his family.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »
GO AWAY already. Sometimes good things come out of bad things.

While cancer is no laughing matter, I do not share the compassion of the rest of the board.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 08:42:16 AM »
And with that, we're done.

Chris