Author Topic: WaPo: USPS was campaigning for Hillary  (Read 823 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
WaPo: USPS was campaigning for Hillary
« on: July 19, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/postal-service-broke-law-in-pushing-time-off-for-workers-to-campaign-for-clinton-investigation-finds/2017/07/19/3292741c-6ca0-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.d429f7d61806

The U.S. Postal Service engaged in widespread violations of federal law by pressuring managers to approve letter carriers’ taking time off last fall to campaign for Hillary Clinton and other union-backed Democrats, investigators said Wednesday.

High-level postal officials had for years granted employees’ requests for unpaid leave, leading last year to an “institutional bias” in favor of Clinton and other Democrats endorsed by the National Association of Letter Carriers, one of the largest postal unions. The Postal Service’s Office of Special Counsel and inspector general found that the agency violated the Hatch Act, which restricts federal employees from working for or against a political candidate or party during election season.

I'm betting the "institutional bias" was around a lot longer than last year.

Will anyone be punished for this?  Nope.

... and CNN says, "Look!  Over there!  Trump!  Russia!  Collusion!"
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: WaPo: USPS was campaigning for Hillary
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:58 PM »

I'm betting the "institutional bias" was around a lot longer than last year.

I think I read that the practice goes back to 1990.

Will anyone be punished for this?  Nope.

Nope. The same article I read seemed to be saying that it has already been determined that no heads will roll.

"But we'll sure fix it going forward, you betcha!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: WaPo: USPS was campaigning for Hillary
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:54:08 PM »
"My" Post Office had their flag at half mast soon after the election. I wondered who had passed on.  This went on for a couple of weeks.  I finally noticed that the local Fire Department didn't as I drove home from the PO that day.

???

One day I met a guy coming in while I was going out who had a Veteran's hat on and I asked him if he knew why the flag was at half mast.  He said he didn't know, but his post wasn't flying it at half mast, so he'd check on it at the counter.

Soon after that, the Post Office flag was at full staff again..

Them's the facts.  Just the facts.  Draw your own conclusions.

But I do suspect that guy had more balls than I did and pressured them on it.

Terry [tinfoil]