Author Topic: Cecil's Son Killed!  (Read 1079 times)

HankB

• friend
Cecil's Son Killed!
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
Remember Cecil the Lion and the <bleep>storm of anger from the lefties when a U.S. dentist shot him in Zimbabwe a couple of years ago?

Well, it seems that now Cecil's son has met the same fate - with predictable results from a segment of the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4714582/Son-Cecil-Lion-shot-dead-big-game-hunter.html?login

The best thing about this story is the comments . . . I just added my own in an attempt to pour fuel on the fire . . .  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Cecil's Son Killed!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »
Gotta love sequels! [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »
Very helpful that they identified the fellow who handed in the lion's tag, and the company he works for. That's after pointing out that the guy who harvested Cecil was "forced into hiding." How thoughtful of them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
Very helpful that they identified the fellow who handed in the lion's tag, and the company he works for. That's after pointing out that the guy who harvested Cecil was "forced into hiding." How thoughtful of them.
Well, it's not as if they published personal information about some reporters now, is it?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 06:22:25 PM »
Remember the Mane!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 01:14:19 AM »
Some comments I liked.
Makes me so angry. Put these 'hunters' in a pen with these animals - and no weapons - and see who wins that fight. Disgusting POS should rot.
So does the lion get its weapons taken away also?

Wonder how much tourist dollar will be lost all for the sake of $45,000 to shoot this magnificent specimen
I really doubt the game preserves get tourist dollars anywhere close to that.  Maybe they could open a camp ground and RV Park.

Make it fair game. How about change the rules.. hunters hunt hunters. No shooting above the belt and let the best man/woman win. I would like to see how long this "sport" lasts with that game changer.
I think this person wants hunters to shoot lions in the rear legs.  I am not sure how that helps.  Maybe they don't consider a lion a hunter.

Anti-hunters are the most hypocritical ignorant and uneducated filth on the planet.
Judging by many of the comments, Yep.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
One good thing is that the son of Cecil had his own sons so there is a good chance the gene for that magnificent mane is still dominate and will be passed down ensuring future generations of hunters will be able to fill their black mane lion tag.  >:D

bob

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 11:59:33 AM »
One good thing is that the son of Cecil had his own sons so there is a good chance the gene for that magnificent mane is still dominate and will be passed down ensuring future generations of hunters will be able to fill their black mane lion tag.  >:D

bob

:rofl: