Author Topic: I didn't think the loathsome Democrat Ralph Northam could lose...  (Read 3569 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: I didn't think the loathsome Democrat Ralph Northam could lose...
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 12:23:51 PM »
Ladies and Germs.  May I present how Mike Madigan redrew the map after the 2010 (after our "Republican" governor was sent to prison going several others),  Any way if you know anything about the Chicagoland area, it's that Dupage county (due west of Chicago) and the Northwest Suburbs of Cook County are heavily R.  (That's basically the 6th District).

The 1st is Jessie Jackson's Jr's old seat.  Since the southside is densely populated, it's D voters cancel out the R's in rural northern Will County.
Same with 2nd, 3rd, 10th, and 11th Districts 
4th is Luis Gutierrez's seat.  Lumping all the Hispanic's from Little Village and Humbolt Park together.
5th, 9th, and 10th are full of limousine liberals. 
8th can be competitive.
12th, 13th and 14th are solidly R because they all got lumped together.  You can only draw the lines to make sure you have a majority of D's and D majority districts.  You have to some time lump the R's together.  (IIRC, the D districts are barely D majorities, like 55% for the most part.  While the R majority districts are like 70-75% R's.)

I won't even go into how he drew the Statehouse lines, so that it's easy for the D's to have super-majorities in both houses.

I really, really hate this state.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.