Author Topic: FBI Siezes Smashed DNC Hard Drives  (Read 5612 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: FBI Siezes Smashed DNC Hard Drives
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
I recently sold an older notebook computer in Craigs List. With a functioning hard drive in it.

First I ran a D.O.D. wipe program, then I did a pave-over and factory restore of the operating system. Does that make me normal, abnormal, or paranormal?

I'd do it that way. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 10:30:55 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/25/feds-arrest-it-staffer-for-wasserman-schultz-trying-to-leave-country.html  (From a less partisan source)

And more background info on this, since the MSM is ignoring it completely.   
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-25/wasserman-schultz-it-aide-arrested-dulles-airport-while-attempting-flee-country

I see you also had difficulty finding a "mainstream" news source. Utterly shocking.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 10:41:17 PM »
Perfect lesson in "confidential" data or data that needs to be "secured." A good friend's old man wanted me to recover his PC that had crashed and was dead. I managed to recover 99.999% of his data and reinstalled the OS. I also recovered his pr0n stash AND the "home video" of him and his wife. I had to tell her what I discovered. That was all kinds of uncomfortable because I SAW THINGS. Why did I let her know? I did NOT want that to "leak out" anywhere. It was bad enough I saw it.  :facepalm:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 12:04:41 AM »
Did you learn anything ??

Was she hot ??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Perfect lesson in "confidential" data or data that needs to be "secured." A good friend's old man wanted me to recover his PC that had crashed and was dead. I managed to recover 99.999% of his data and reinstalled the OS. I also recovered his pr0n stash AND the "home video" of him and his wife. I had to tell her what I discovered. That was all kinds of uncomfortable because I SAW THINGS. Why did I let her know? I did NOT want that to "leak out" anywhere. It was bad enough I saw it.  :facepalm:

Hell, I'd of made a "back-up" copy "just in case".
 =D

not really....maybe....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »
Did you learn anything ??

Was she hot ??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes and yes. Big bewbs, short, sweet, gal. She just had a radical hysterectomy and lost both to cancer. She seems to be fine now and is in great spirits. She divorced the *expletive deleted*hole and is engaged to a good man now. She and her 1st husband were dear friends of ours until his death. She remarried an ass. Now she seems to have a good man. We are still fairly close. We had dinner there last week.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:01:45 PM by Amy Schumer »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »
Does anyone know when the hard drives were confiscated ?  

I've seen articles implying anywhere from March 2017 thru 7/23/17 ...

I'm under the impression it was March or April but most of what I read

now says it was last week ... If it was March or April have they been erased ?

[popcorn]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/23/exclusive-fbi-seized-smashed-hard-drives-from-wasserman-schultz-it-aides-home/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Shortly after the criminal probe was revealed in February, Imran abruptly moved out of his longtime home on Hawkshead Drive in Lorton, Va., and listed it for rent on a website that connects landlords with military families.

One of the new tenants — a Marine Corps veteran married to a female Navy Officer — said he found “wireless routers, hard drives that look like they tried to destroy, laptops, [and] a lot of brand new expensive toner.”

The tenants called the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and, not long after, FBI agents arrived together with the Capitol Police to interview them and confiscate the equipment.

eta ... quote and link
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:44:17 PM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »
Memo to self:

After committing computer crime, be sure to remove incriminating evidence when unassing the area of operations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
That laptop that Debbie was so worried about was apparently meant to be found

A laptop that Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz has frantically fought to keep prosecutors from examining may have been planted for police to find by her since-indicted staffer, Imran Awan, along with a letter to the U.S. Attorney.

“Imran Awan is a calculating person who made great efforts to cover his tracks, both electronically and physically,” Gohmert told TheDCNF. “Placing that laptop with his personal documents, which may well incriminate him, those he worked for, or both, in the dead of night in a House office building, was a deliberate act by a cunning suspect, and it needs to be investigated.”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22939/exclusive-dnc-official-discriminates-against-elliott-hamilton

DNC is hiring IT personnel, but they're looking to avoid "cisgender straight white males." Boy, maybe they should worry more about whether or not their IT guys are overcharging them, and wiring huge amounts of cash to Pakistan. But that's just my cisgendered white male heterosexuality speaking...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22939/exclusive-dnc-official-discriminates-against-elliott-hamilton

DNC is hiring IT personnel, but they're looking to avoid "cisgender straight white males." Boy, maybe they should worry more about whether or not their IT guys are overcharging them, and wiring huge amounts of cash to Pakistan. But that's just my cisgendered white male heterosexuality speaking...

Isn't that sort of like the NBA saying they won't be hiring any tall black men? Certain occupations draw certain people who have developed certain skills. That's just the way it is. Kinda dumb to exclude the biggest population of a skill set, but then that's part of our fall into idiocracy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2017, 10:05:39 AM »
Isn't that sort of like the NBA saying they won't be hiring any tall black men? Certain occupations draw certain people who have developed certain skills. That's just the way it is. Kinda dumb to exclude the biggest population of a skill set, but then that's part of our fall into idiocracy.

Part of the DNC's electoral implosion. Let's hope they keep it up.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »
Since I identify as a curved, multi-gendered, plaid, non-male I shouldn't even have to interview.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
Since I identify as a curved, multi-gendered, plaid, non-male I shouldn't even have to interview.

Yeah, but I identify as the guy being who already has the job, so...

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »

Yeah, but I identify as the guy being who already has the job, so...

Damn.  Well played.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?