Author Topic: Tagua holsters?  (Read 851 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Tagua holsters?
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
I know a couple of people here have given some input on Tagua holsters. I was wondering if anyone else had used them, or had information.

I'd like to have a couple of more carry options for my new 9mm, and budget is a concern, so if anyone has experience with Tagua, I would appreciate the info.

This is the one I'm looking at. There aren't a ton of low-budget holsters for the XDs, that have the features I'm looking for.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KDQZO5M/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ITX7S0C8VNXJD&colid=3PXU2CI2FLIB9

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:08:12 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Tagua holsters?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
What are you looking for in a holster?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »
Number 1:
Must fit 3.3" XDs. Must be OWB, with thumb-break, or similar retention. It should be brown leather, but I'd consider kydex. Budget is ~$50.

Number 2:
Same gun; same price range. Must be IWB with single, tuckable clip. Must be rigid; not some shapeless bag.

I'm not saying there are no XDs holsters out there, but it doesn't seem to be a gun that everyone's rushing to make holsters for.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »
Don't have experience with the exact type of holster you are looking for, but I do own a couple of Tagua holsters. The two I have are okay for their price. Made of leather, but not as thick or durable as higher priced holsters. Neither have internal reinforcement so you are relying on the stiffness of the leather to keep the mouth open. Metal hardware seems reasonably well made.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:28 PM »
The shop at the range where I shoot carries Tagua holsters. I don't own one but I have looked at them and they seem decent for the price. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if that's all I could find to fit my gun within my budget.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
Number 1:
Must fit 3.3" XDs. Must be OWB, with thumb-break, or similar retention. It should be brown leather, but I'd consider kydex. Budget is ~$50.

Number 2:
Same gun; same price range. Must be IWB with single, tuckable clip. Must be rigid; not some shapeless bag.

#2 -- I got one of these, as an upgrade from a Blade Tech Klipt*.  It hits all your "must be" points.  I like it a lot.  

The options I got (full height sweat guard, AIWB "claw", extra optional belt loop in case the the clip didn't hold reliably) bump the price a bit.  The default clip turns out to hold very well.  I wear it at 3 o'clock, not AIWB, but the claw thing bears on my belt and pushes the gun butt up against my side --> less printing.

Tell him I sent you.  Maybe he'll give me a break when I order something else.

*I'd just give you the Klipt, but it's not tuckable.

I'm not saying there are no XDs holsters out there, but it doesn't seem to be a gun that everyone's rushing to make holsters for.

The G43 and S&W Shield is the current hotness.  And, it seems to be popular these days among some in the Internet Gunsphere to run down Springfield's plastic offerings.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:54:13 PM by lee n. field »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »
I got what I think is this holster for my G19, but it is OWB.  It is very rigid and works well with fairly thick leather.  I don't want a retention flap and the G19 doesn't have a lot of rough edges that rub on the skin.

https://www.amazon.com/Tagua-BH2-310-Quick-Holster-19-23-32/dp/B0019D6S6M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501016741&sr=8-3&keywords=tagua+Glock+19

I know Crossbreed and others have single clip IWB holsters, but I do not know what it available in that price range. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 12:23:17 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:36:47 AM »
http://www.vedderholsters.com/rapidtuck/
I have always steered away from having the clip on top of the gun like that.  You might have more room inside the belt.   =D

Most of the IWB options I see have two belt clips or look like that link.  I see the Crossbreed Freedom Carry holster that is about $10 more than your link and uses a single belt clip.  Your choice. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 01:02:15 AM »

lee n. field

• friend

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »
I'm having trouble deciding between FDE-Spring, and FDE-Fall. I never have been sure which season I am.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 09:07:45 AM »
I'm having trouble deciding between FDE-Spring, and FDE-Fall. I never have been sure which season I am.
Most of mine are FDE-Eclipse (black).

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
A couple of years ago I scoured the internets to find what turns out to be among the rarest of holsters - an Askins Avenger-style holster, but with a thumb-break.* I think I did find one or two, but the price was a bit too high for me.

So I'm really surprised to find these on offer:

https://jbmoreleathercrap.com/products/custom-leather-glock-thumb-break-holster-models-17-22-31-19-23-32-26-27-43

http://www.mascholster.com.tr/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=68

I don't know if either will be any good, but I think I might take a chance.

*If it's worn outside the waistband, I just really prefer to have some kind of retention device on the holster.