Author Topic: Stupid Media  (Read 1117 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Stupid Media
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »
Has anyone here not heard or read about the trailer full of illegal aliens that was found in San Antonio with 8 dead people in it? And that two more have died since the story first broke? Here's an update:

http://www.newser.com/story/246168/texas-truck-deaths-driver-could-face-death-himself.html

And here's the part that makes me very VERY angry:

Two cents: The Express-News editorial board weighs in: "Imagine if there were a functional—legal—mechanism for such immigrants to come here. ... The current system is broken. ... The laws, as currently enforced, set a premium on punishing the immigrants but leaving employers virtually alone. ... Comprehensive reform could fix all this. Yet, Congress is more interested in punishment than fixes," they writing, citing recent sanctuary city-related moves.

Time out! News flash: There IS a functional legal mechanism for such immigrants to come here. All they have to do is play by the rules. And maybe the rules won't allow ALL of them to come in, but that's the way it goes. Football teams (American or South American "football") are only allowed to have eleven players on the field at one time, too. I'm sure they could do better with twelve or thirteen or fifteen, but the rules say eleven. Them's the rules. That's how immigration works, too. Follow the rules.

When I married my late wife, we had to wait for six months after we were married before she could come here. Those were the rules, so we waited. When her granddaughter was having problems with her mother, we wanted the kid to come live with us for a couple of years. Not possible -- grandparents have no rights, apparently (or didn't, until President Trump said only people with close family ties would be allowed in from certain countries, THEN all of a sudden grandparents counted). We were faced with a choice of bringing her here and having her stay illegally, or adopting her. We declined to bring her here illegally, so we went the adoption route. It took four years and cost many thousands of dollars, but we did it -- legally.

Having gone through all that, I have zero sympathy for illegals who aren't willing to follow the rules, and who think they have a "right" to ignore the laws and just stroll across the border.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Stupid Media
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:44:06 AM »
Your thread title is redundant.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:33:50 AM »
"There IS a functional legal mechanism for such immigrants to come here."

Silly man. You should be smart enough to know by now that "functional legal mechanism" is nothing more than Libcode for 100% open borders with NO restrictions on any kind of immigration by anyone.

The ONLY restriction they want on immigration is booths at the border where incommers pick up their welfare and medicaid cards.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:28:38 AM »
"There IS a functional legal mechanism for such immigrants to come here."

Silly man. You should be smart enough to know by now that "functional legal mechanism" is nothing more than Libcode for 100% open borders with NO restrictions on any kind of immigration by anyone.

The ONLY restriction they want on immigration is booths at the border where incommers pick up their welfare and medicaid cards.

Don't forget their voter registration forms, pre-filled as democrat.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »

The illegal immigration could be more easily sorted by penalizing people or businesses that employ them. Won't happen, obviously, but there's a rather easy solution. There however would be market issues with said businesses if they would suddenly lose cheap tax-free labor. Georgia went through that. And had the lovely position of being one of the few Southern states to play by the rules when other states didn't have to.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
Don't forget their voter registration forms, pre-filled as democrat.

They had those LONG before the borders were open.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »

They had those LONG before the borders were open.

When I went back to Grad school and had to re-register, I figured I'd go to the booth on campus with the big "voter registration" banner. They were doing the same thing there to people who supposedly were fluent in speaking and reading English. I suppose they couldn't fathom a college student voting anything but dem. I was going to make them give me a clean form, but figured they'd just toss it in the trash after I left, so registered elsewhere.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."