Author Topic: Trump Attacks Jeff Sessions on Twitter  (Read 3259 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Trump Attacks Jeff Sessions on Twitter
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »
Oh, Sessions position of assets forfeiture is terrible, I agree (unfortunately, Trump agrees with Sessions here)....

It is just the bone-headed stupidity of Trump publicly humiliating his supporters I find repugnant...

If he is mad at Sessions he could privately talk to him, or ask him to retire. 

A lot of Trump's position I agree with (though not all).... but this is insane.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 10:21:54 AM »

It is just the bone-headed stupidity of Trump publicly humiliating his supporters I find repugnant...

If he is mad at Sessions he could privately talk to him, or ask him to retire.  

Agree. It isn't completely public, but he's apparently dissing Tillerson as well. From what I've read, Tillerson is sick of it and possibly looking to Rexit. After all the sturm und drung to get both these guys in, acting like the spoiled rich boy boss with them is pretty counterproductive. I don't know about Sessions, but certainly everything I've read about Tillerson indicates he has both the hat and the cattle, so isn't likely to put up with crap.

As mad as I am at Sessions for the asset forfeiture stuff, I will give him credit on the immigration front (where Trump is now backing off) and if Trump has problems with his staff, he shouldn't be taking it to Twitter. Plus the thing he has trouble with regarding Sessions is something that is making Trump look bad. You don't get mad at your AG for not going after your political enemies or otherwise using the AG's office for your own personal (vs presidential) agenda. No one here would have stood for that with Obama (nor did we), and we shouldn't stand for it with Trump.

As much as I've always disliked Trump's twitter rampages, I've put up with them given some of the stuff he's changed. But it's really time for him to engage brain before putting mouth in gear. He needs to change his ratio from four petty tweets for every one productive tweet to four productive tweets for every one petty tweet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
Agree. It isn't completely public, but he's apparently dissing Tillerson as well. From what I've read, Tillerson is sick of it and possibly looking to Rexit.

:lol:

What I don't get are the people saying that Trump "doesn't have the guts" to fire Sessions. Really? Maybe he just realizes that anybody he fires the Left turns into a club they can use against him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »
Do you really think Sessions is humiliated or embarrassed? 

If past Presidents had done this, it would be out of character and unusual.  The only issue I would have is if Trump was saying anything in public he hasn't already said to Sessions in person. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
if Trump was saying anything in public he hasn't already said to Sessions in person. 
If this article is to be believed, they aren't speaking in person.

Donald Trump is playing an elaborate game of chicken with Jeff Sessions. And they are not on speaking terms.

"He wants to fire him but he doesn't want the confrontation," said one adviser who frequently speaks to him. "He doesn't mind the long negative storyline. He will torture him every single day."

This person said Trump also wants to see how Sessions will respond to humiliation and has mocked his response so far.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »
If this article is to be believed, they aren't speaking in person.

I am not sure what to believe on that stuff.  I think half of the internal conflict stories are plants to distract from other things they are doing.  Trump doesn't seem like he would be the type of boss who is afraid to speak his mind to subordinates. 

Nothing I can do except wait and see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 05:30:33 PM »
What if the Trump-Sessions feud is one big charade?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/what_if_the_trumpsessions_feud_is_one_big_charade.html#ixzz4o4OrtNlI
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
If it's *not* misdirection, and Sessions is in on it, Sessions should make a statement something like, "Hey, most of us at one time or another have had bad bosses who blame subordinates for their own failures.  If the president thinks I'm doing a bad job and wants to fire me, that's his prerogative, but then who would he blame?"  (maybe leave that last part unsaid but implied)

I think everyone can identify with that.
"It's good, though..."