Author Topic: Trump Say No To Transgenders In The Military  (Read 4852 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Trump Say No To Transgenders In The Military
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
Won't this be about as effective as the so-called travel ban?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »
"Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming..victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail."

Clearly this statement is simply Trump being the bigot he is.

The purpose of our military is social experimentation. If a few more soldiers die because of it, what's the big deal? They are all red-state hicks, anyway.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
“This is worse than don’t ask don’t tell, this is don’t serve, don’t serve,” The National Center for Transgender Equality said in a written statement. “This is an appalling attack on our service members;

Somehow I think a majority of "our service members" would disagree with that.

I actually no longer know what all transgender entails in the new definition, but would this have been an issue with someone who had their parts swapped and identity documentation updated pre-enlistment and then kept their mouths shut about it? Or is part of this people with male parts wanting to wear a female uniform and vice versa?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »
Why would the military want people with psychological problems?    ..............................I guess it depends on what is defined as a psychological problem.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »
.............................I guess it depends on what is defined as a psychological problem.

Like people who want to pretend to be a gender other than what they are?

Or pretend to not be of any gender?

THOSE people?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »
http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/07/26/uh-oh-george-takei-issues-resistance-warning-to-trump-after-military-transgender-ban/

:laugh:

Yeah - CA and NY are now against you Trump!  :rofl:

C. Manning apparently seems to be their other spokesperson. Good choice.

I'm not sure how they think they'll win this one. I'm guessing the mil is overwhelmingly on Trump's side on this (and Mattis', as I suspect he had a key opinion here).

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »
Yeah - CA and NY are now against you Trump!  :rofl:

C. Manning apparently seems to be their other spokesperson. Good choice.

I'm not sure how they think they'll win this one. I'm guessing the mil is overwhelmingly on Trump's side on this (and Mattis', as I suspect he had a key opinion here).

I guess. On the other hand, this is why Republicans/conservatives hold our noses and vote for the Bushs and the McCains, and the Trumps. Because if your RINO candidate doesn't win, then you have this kind of nonsense (I should say more of this nonsense) become a precedent, when it obviously never should have been.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »
Fine policy, poor delivery.
Here’s what actual presidential leadership would look like. After permitting his respected secretary of defense to comprehensively study the issue of transgender service, he would draft a carefully written, factually supported statement describing in detail the military justifications for the policy. Then, with the full, prepared backing of the Pentagon, he’d approach a Republican-controlled Congress and write his policy into law — creating a far more permanent standard that couldn’t be quickly reversed by the next administration and wouldn’t jerk the military into a game of culture-war hot potato depending on whose party controls the White House.

But that’s hard work. It’s much easier just to tweet.

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 04:38:31 PM »
Totally getting my money's worth out of this administration.  >:D

I'm really enjoying watching the pendulum swing back towards sanity,  the crazies in the LBGWTFBBQ crowd are losing their *expletive deleted*it, and it's beautiful.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 04:52:33 PM »
Totally getting my money's worth out of this administration.  >:D

I'm really enjoying watching the pendulum swing back towards sanity,  the crazies in the LBGWTFBBQ crowd are losing their *expletive deleted*it, and it's beautiful.
Agreed.  He is definitely ticking off all the right people. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 04:54:21 PM »
Donald Trump Jr's response:

https://twitter.com/dontrumpjrjr/status/890224317258096641

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earlier Sean Spicier tweeted
https://twitter.com/sean_spicier/status/890215173369344001
It's not like the President wanted to ban transgendered from the military, but lobbing glitter at our enemy just isn't going to work anymore

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
Donald Trump Jr's response:

https://twitter.com/dontrumpjrjr/status/890224317258096641

Well,  anyone who runs around the corridors of the Starship Enterprise half naked with a rapier when the redshirt are armed with phasers ought not be taken seriously. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 06:18:07 PM »
Ok, I got out just before the last tranny shift. I knew when that lame duck order went in it would cause a mess. First, more training; annual of course but first a stand down. My little unit, 4000 man-hours up in smoke right off the bat. We were statistically smited, out of 400 people we had two trannys. They had been ordered to maintain uniform standards and not take hormones. I know leadership had already spent a lot of time helping these two. And here's the thing, I had long pegged both as useless dead weight years before I knew any of their gender issues. Underlying mental issues that made them unfit to serve were evident to me. They were a burden on our mission.

Years ago I dated a chick who went off to boot camp. She fell for the scare tactic and finally admitted to something the drills knew nothing about but that she had not disclosed at enlistment. In the past had taken meds for bipolar. On the next flight home, done. I would guess gender dysphoria to be a more serious issue than latent bipolar or failure to disclose.

And finally to ruin my alt right street cred, I was extremely happy when DADT died. It was unfair. If you let someone in, treat them the same. No one would have notified an SO or granted death benefits if any of the lesbians I worked with died on the job. My only objection to homosexuality in culture is any attempt to call it normal. Nope, that term draws on math. It is an aberration as any 3% group would be. But fine by me, show up and do your job. I saw no real issues, we knew who was queer and didn't really care.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 09:12:47 PM »
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »
Mattis has put a hold on Trump's order regarding transgenders. There must be a good deal more to this story. I would have thought Mattis would have been one of the people advising Trump on the original order.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/29/mattis-freezes-trump-ban-on-transgender-troops-pending-review.html

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 12:50:31 AM »
Ben Shapiro on Transgenderism.

https://youtu.be/gkONHNXGfaM
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 09:15:30 AM »
Mattis has put a hold on Trump's order regarding transgenders. There must be a good deal more to this story. I would have thought Mattis would have been one of the people advising Trump on the original order.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/29/mattis-freezes-trump-ban-on-transgender-troops-pending-review.html

That headline seems a bit dramatic - he's doing exactly what the order says. No new transgenders can join, but doing a study on transgenders already serving to determine if they can stay.

https://twitter.com/MikeSacksEsq/status/902707631848087552
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.