Author Topic: I still have hopes for the Trump presidency ...  (Read 3087 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: I still have hopes for the Trump presidency ...
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 06:37:10 PM »
Well, Trump went with Schumer and Pelosi and tied Harvey aid to the debt ceiling. Sad.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: I still have hopes for the Trump presidency ...
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 10:42:14 PM »
Well, Trump went with Schumer and Pelosi and tied Harvey aid to the debt ceiling. Sad.

I've never expected Trump to be a deficit hawk.

Or really to care about the debt at all, so my opinion hasn't changed.

(And does anyone think the other Republicans actually care either? They'll be dead and my children will be dealing with it, so they don't care.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: I still have hopes for the Trump presidency ...
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 12:12:15 PM »
National Review summed it up really well with one short line this morning:
Trump has a much stronger appetite for good press than he does for limited government.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.