Author Topic: Rawls is taking over the academy  (Read 729 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Rawls is taking over the academy
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/29/update-not-being-stupid-is-cognitive-privilege-now-which-is-just-like-white-privilege/

Cognitive privilege is "...the accident of having been born smart enough to be able to be successful is a great benefit that you did absolutely nothing to earn. Consequently, you have nothing to be proud of for being smart."

For those who've never heard of him, this is the triumph of John Rawls A Theory of Justice, especially his idea that everything you are is merely from random chance. (I'm simplifying things, obviously.)

Those who are pushing this will create a worse dystopia than almost anything I can imagine on this earth.

One other note:

These people: Cognitive privilege is "...the accident of having been born smart enough to be able to be successful is a great benefit that you did absolutely nothing to earn. Consequently, you have nothing to be proud of for being smart."

Also these same people: "You're a racist for suggesting that intelligence is genetic!" (See: Murray, Charles; The Bell Curve)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Rawls is taking over the academy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »
Oh brother.

Hello Marching Morons. Hello Idiocracy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Rawls is taking over the academy
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »
At least now the Democrats can have a counter-Trump campaign aconym:

MADA (Make America Dumb Again)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design