Author Topic: India Farmer Suicides Now Linked to Climate Change  (Read 617 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
India Farmer Suicides Now Linked to Climate Change
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »
They're really stretching now. The usual ignoramuses in the public will of course not put things together like the mixing of "climate" and "30 years" in the same paragraph. Or that farm workers were only 10% of total suicides over the study period. I just looked it up and farm workers are 50% of the workforce there.

I can't recall one instance of CA farmers killing themselves over the last five years of drought.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/08/01/researchers-linking-of-59000-suicides-in-india-to-climate-change-particularly-worrisome-under-trump/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: India Farmer Suicides Now Linked to Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »
Meanwhile, the Australian government has been caught fiddling with adjusting the data to fit the narrative correct for anomolies.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/25/australia-government-climate-office-accused-of-manipulating-temperature-data/#ixzz3BYHAk2F6
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:40:47 PM by Amy Schumer »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: India Farmer Suicides Now Linked to Climate Change
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:41:54 PM »
The Guardian added that, according to the study, “an increase of just 1C on an average day during the growing season was associated with 67 more suicides.”
How many years did it take for that 1 degree (C) rise to occur? And by what percentage did the population of India increase over that same period?

Mark Twain had it right: "There are three kinds of lies -- lies, damned lies, and statistics."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design