Author Topic: Apple dropping the iPod  (Read 865 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Apple dropping the iPod
« on: August 02, 2017, 06:00:03 PM »
Just told by a guy at work that Apple is dropping the iPod Shuffle and Nano, leaving only the touch.  I hate that decision.  Don't want to use my phone for music, as it drains battery I use for calls and such.  Guess I'll ride my Classic until it dies. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Apple dropping the iPod
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »

I have an Ipod for sale if anyone is interested.  ;)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:08:33 PM »
I stopped buying the ipods after Apple killed the square version of the shuffle, or whatever it was called.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
I stopped buying the ipods after Apple killed the square version of the shuffle, or whatever it was called.

Liked that one a lot. Great for exercising, hiking, etc.  Small, good battery life.  Had two. Sent the first through the laundry. It was not waterproof.  :laugh:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 01:04:05 AM »
I still have a Creative Zen that I bought back in 2004 that I use for that sort of thing.

Damn thing is indestructible.

....which was the name of the song that was playing when I turned it on to check its battery status just now.  :laugh:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:11 AM »
I still have a Creative Zen that I bought back in 2004 that I use for that sort of thing.

Every couple years, I find an old MuVo V200 512M that I bought long ago.  Really wish they'd revive that one with 32-64GB and support for more folders.  Battery life was great, and with no need for a cord or drivers, it was handy.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »

Damn thing is indestructible.

....which was the name of the song that was playing when I turned it on to check its battery status just now.  :laugh:

Still have mine too.  Great little player.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”