Author Topic: Nocino  (Read 5841 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Nocino
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »
So after a year, it's very nice and mellow, has a pleasant aftertaste.  I made mine with 80 proof vodka, and home-picked Black Walnuts. 

If anyone wants some, let me know.  I have a many, many lifetime supply.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Nocino
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 03:41:45 AM »
Disappointed in my nocino.   First two bottles were ok, nothing spectacular - probably more my tastes than anything else.  This third bottle - all from the same batch, just bottled into smaller containers for convenience....   Something went wrong.  I poured a couple ounces into a glass, popped it in the freezer (don't have room to store the bottles in there) and about an hour later, was going to enjoy it.   The first thing I noticed was some heat in it - almost like it had some kind of pepper element in it - which was definitely *NOT* in the recipe, or in the first couple bottles.  The flavor itself was ok, very similar to the other bottles.  I went ahead and finished the glass... Probably a dumb move on my part...  About an hour later, I'm positive my stomach has put it in reverse and is now accelerating hard.  Didn't end up revisiting dinner, but sure as hell felt like I was about to.  I'm seriously wondering if a clove got in this bottle and has been percolating for a year - because that's the only thing I could picture lending heat to this bottle.  I'm gonna pop open the last bottle of it, and if it's got that same heat component to it, that's half my nocino gone.   Not gonna cry a river over it, it definitely wasn't my favorite (doubt I'll make it again) but it's still frustrating when something goes sideways.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 05:20:32 AM »
I thought it said "Norinco." Nevermind...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 11:57:47 PM »
Yeah i was thinking about cleaning my pistol but if you have extra, i will give it a try. What the hell is it going to do kill me?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG