Author Topic: I HATE PEOPLE  (Read 2541 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I HATE PEOPLE
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:37:37 PM »
Just got back from the dump, where I paid to dump a truckload of somebody else's trash to include a disgusting old couch that probably gave me a disease and all sorts of other ratty crap that ahole mother *expletive deleted*er dickweed drove fifty feet down my road apparently in the middle of the night to dump, then put it in an irrigation ditch where I nearly gave myself a hernia getting the couch out. It's $15 for a truckload* at a transfer station 6 miles down the road that's clean and easy to dump from, you horse's ass. You had to go out of your way to get to my place and throw it away.  I hate you. Plus the heat index is 108 right now, you worthless piece of *expletive deleted*it.

*Well, except for the three tires that he also dumped, which are $5 a pop, so I have to store them until the next free hazmat day and get rid of them then for you. Jackass.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: I HATE PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Had a jackwad do that on my friend's property some years ago.

Only, the idiots left some identifying paperwork in the load.

Things didn't work out very well for them in the end.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »
Had a jackwad do that on my friend's property some years ago.

Only, the idiots left some identifying paperwork in the load.

Things didn't work out very well for them in the end.

And they found them at Alice's Restaurant?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »
I would love to have some identifying paperwork just once.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but big loads are rare. Usually my cousin gets stuck with those because people take another one of our roads and dump in the middle of his orange orchard. They probably did it to me this time because the corn is around head height, so it was a shorter detour to dump on me and stay somewhat hidden.

Usually what I get are bottles, cans, McDs bags, etc. Both the fields here have county roads on one end, so I get whatever people toss out of their cars while driving, and just have to take the 4wheeler and a trashbag once a month or so to clean up the edges.

Or the other thing I absolutely hate, when it's time for the orange harvest, all the laborers that pick my cousin's oranges always park on our road (adjoining property) and then treat it like Tijuana. Drink a bottle of Coke? Drop it where you stand. Bag of chips? Drop it where you stand. Every harvest season it looks like the day after an SJW protest.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:58 PM »
Around these parts, a common practice is to take an old travel trailer, stuff it with as much junk as possible, then just leave it (without license plate or other identifiers) by the side of the road.  Yes, it's infuriating.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »
Or the other thing I absolutely hate, when it's time for the orange harvest, all the laborers that pick my cousin's oranges always park on our road (adjoining property) and then treat it like Tijuana. Drink a bottle of Coke? Drop it where you stand. Bag of chips? Drop it where you stand. Every harvest season it looks like the day after an SJW protest.

Is it worth putting out a couple trash cans?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »
Is it worth putting out a couple trash cans?

We've got a 1yd dumpster on the road in front of the house, and I've picked up trash literally 20' away from it. It's a cultural mindset or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqeL-9VwRaQ

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 07:10:02 PM »
We've got a 1yd dumpster on the road in front of the house, and I've picked up trash literally 20' away from it. It's a cultural mindset or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqeL-9VwRaQ

Bingo.

It's the same nasty *expletive deleted*ers that toss used toilet paper in the corner of restrooms rather the flush it down.  Because screw it,  that's how they do it back home.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 08:59:07 PM »
Douse it with gas a light it up. Problem solved no heavy lifting.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 11:29:17 PM »
Ben anecdoted:

Or the other thing I absolutely hate, when it's time for the orange harvest, all the laborers that pick my cousin's oranges always park on our road (adjoining property) and then treat it like Tijuana. Drink a bottle of Coke? Drop it where you stand. Bag of chips? Drop it where you stand.

....later post....

It's a cultural mindset or something.

I hate to have to agree with that.  I've seen similar behavior dozens of times when I worked in our local sanctuary city.  Munch on your Macwendyking's, finish drink, set down bag and paper cup and walk away.

Took the first half a dozen or so times for it to dawn on me but that's the way it looked.  Came to be a postjudice based on observation rather than a mere prejudice.  And of course, I was well aware of possible confirmation bias of my later observations, but the postjudice still wouldn't go away nohow.

Unscientific anecdotal evidence.

But "anecdotes" seem to be at the core of scientific investigation and discovery.

They say that Asimov remarked that the greatest moments of science came not when someone says "Eureka," but when someone says, "Gee, that's odd."

But I thought I originally read that in a book called "Arrowsmith" by Sinclair Lewis --required reading in High School English class.

X (230RN, his mark)

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowsmith_(novel)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:20:33 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 11:44:33 PM »

Generally not a good idea in or next to a farm field.  Unless you don't want anything to grow there for several/many years...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
The authorities get upset when you do that to the dumpers. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »
Bingo.

It's the same nasty *expletive deleted*ers that toss used toilet paper in the corner of restrooms rather the flush it down.  Because screw it,  that's how they do it back home.
Yes.  No consequences.  Doesn't matter to them.  It isn't their property.  Of course, some of them might do it to their property.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »

The trash, or the person who left it?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »

The latter would be more environmentally friendly.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 07:46:51 PM »

Yes
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 12:32:15 AM »
I actually saw a sign once that said something like this:

Please no dumping.
Your mother won't
clean up after you.
I will.
And I will be pissed.
You don't want me
to get pissed.

Professionally done, centered text, nice border, on about an 18" X 2' piece of sheet steel.  Didn't actually measure it.

There were bullet holes in it.

*expletive deleted*ck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 12:41:45 AM »

And they found them at Alice's Restaurant?

"I cannot tell a lie; I put that envelope under that garbage"
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 03:42:51 AM »
So, seein' as how I'm so out of touch and never liked political hippie music in the first place, I looked it up.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/arlo+guthrie/alices+restaurant_20518619.html

Dayam, that's longer than even my posts on APS !

Incidentally, Whitehall Street (last part of Gurthrie's reverie above) was where I had my Selective Service examination too.  Neither my mother nor my girl friends nor my wives ever, in my whole 78 years, touched me as much as they did at Whitehall Street.

I surely felt beloved by my government.

Terry

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 11:02:55 AM »
So, seein' as how I'm so out of touch and never liked political hippie music in the first place, I looked it up.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/arlo+guthrie/alices+restaurant_20518619.html

Dayam, that's longer than even my posts on APS !

Incidentally, Whitehall Street (last part of Gurthrie's reverie above) was where I had my Selective Service examination too.  Neither my mother nor my girl friends nor my wives ever, in my whole 78 years, touched me as much as they did at Whitehall Street.

I surely felt beloved by my government.

Terry

In 1967 I was stationed at Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. My parents were in Connecticut at the time, and once in awhile I went home to see them. I usually gave a ride to another guy in my unit whose family was in Connecticut, so the route brought me through NYC, across the George Washington Bridge, and down the New Jersey Turnpike. I usually returned to Edgewood late at night, so reception on the AM radio in my car could be spotty.

On one of those trips (solo that time), shortly after getting on the NJ Tpke I was hunting for a station with decent reception and I stumbled across what turned out to be station WBZ out of Boston. (Yeah, it was a skip -- I was just a few miles out of NYC but Boston was the strongest station on the band. WBZ really cranked up the power at night -- that was one of the few stations we could get at night at my grandparents' house halfway up the coast of Maine when I was a kid.) And they were playing this new song that went on ... and on ... and on ... and on ...

Yes, it was Alice's Restaurant, and that song lasted for almost my entire time on the NJ Tpke that night. Until then I had never heard of Arlo Guthrie. Woody Guthrie I knew of, naturally, but not Arlo.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
In form, but not content, if reminded me of Molly Bloom's "monologue."

It was a good joke about admitting he put the envelope under the trash, and the consequent thorough investigation, but he should have stopped there.  (And in fact, he should have reversed the two events... the investigation, then the confession.)

Oh, well.... "art."

You want humor in song?

https://youtu.be/MZ35SOU9HTM

Now, that's the way it orta be done.

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Bloom

The final chapter of Ulysses, often called "Molly Bloom's Soliloquy", is a long and unpunctuated stream of consciousness passage comprising her thoughts as she lies in bed next to [her husband, Leopold] Bloom.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:34:28 PM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2017, 02:14:11 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
https://rangerup.com/preorder-i-hate-most-people-vintage-t-shirt/

If there is an official shirt of APS this is it.
People suck.  They don't just suck a little bit.  They're selfish, emotional, illogical creatures that think themselves above lesser creatures like dogs, but lack a dogs loyalty and courage.

You start life amassing friends and then sometime around 30 you realize almost everyone you know is an oxygen thief and your circle gets smaller and smaller and smaller until eventually you're an angry old man sitting on a front porch in the middle of nowhere with a shotgun on your lap yelling at kids to get off your damn lawn, because even though kids are awesome, you know they will eventually grow up to be worthless people just like everyone else.

This is probably the point where I should tell you I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash and Trent Reznor lately.

Anyway, the only way I get through the day is with copious amounts of caffeine and hate.  Try it.  It works.

I hate most people.  The others I just haven't met yet.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6OaYPVueW4

Good one.  I never heard that one before.

That new math probably turned a lot of potentially good scientists and engineers into basket-weaving PhD candidates.

Terry

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »