Author Topic: Forum issues on mobile phone.  (Read 926 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Forum issues on mobile phone.
« on: August 03, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »
This is the only forum I frequent that does not like to display well on a phone.
Using chrome on an android phone.
It seems to always be to wide. If I hold the screen vertical I have to keep scrolling side to side to read.
If I turn the phone sideways its almost readable but the txt is to small. If I zoom in to make the txt bigger them I'm back to side to side scrolling to read.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

I would take a picture but I have yet to come up with a quick photo host since photobucket got all high and mighty.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Forum issues on mobile phone.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:08:37 PM »
Go to the three dots in the top right hand corner of the browser. From the drop-down see if "Request deaktop site" is checked. Uncheck it.

Also, you can do the pinch-or-spread thing to zoom out or in.

Finally, rotate your phone to landscape orientation.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »
Try tapatalk if it's available for android?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »
It is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »
Go to the three dots in the top right hand corner of the browser. From the drop-down see if "Request deaktop site" is checked. Uncheck it.

Also, you can do the pinch-or-spread thing to zoom out or in.

Finally, rotate your phone to landscape orientation.

Brad

Some years back I had an HTC Thunderbolt Android phone that worked great.  No side-to-side scrolling because each window wrapped text perfectly.
Now, with my Samsung G4, I have the same problem as never_retreat.  Unchecking 'Request desktop site' was one of the first things I tried and it did not help.  Anyone have some other ideas that one might try on an Android phone?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »
When I was on Android I used the Dolphin browser for forums. It seemed to be the best at wrapping text to avoid side to side scrolling.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »
i only use laptop, but then again, most of you folks are a lot smarter than I :facepalm:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »

If I turn the phone sideways its almost readable but the txt is to small.

Option 2...

Get glasses.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB