Author Topic: World's Most Popular Beer  (Read 3144 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
World's Most Popular Beer
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:43:24 AM »
Snow, made in China. I've never heard of it. It's International Beer Day today, BTW. :)

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/08/04/youve-never-heard-worlds-most-popular-beer.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sideways_8

• friend
Re: World's Most Popular Beer
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
Sounds like a typical flavorless beer. I'd probably drink a lot of it if the price was right. Crap beer goes great with the river or pool or ocean. Some of the more recent beers I have tried have been a bit too sweet to drink on all day in the heat.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
Sounds like a typical flavorless beer. I'd probably drink a lot of it if the price was right. Crap beer goes great with the river or pool or ocean. Some of the more recent beers I have tried have been a bit too sweet to drink on all day in the heat.

Yup. When it's really hot, I switch to the Kirkland light beer. Basically beer flavored water, but refreshing when it's 100deg out. :)

I love my stouts and porters, but usually save them to go with lunch or dinner on the weekend. Though I have been known to have an oatmeal stout with steak and eggs in the morning.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I'm also a stout and porter fan also like dark ales. My "baseline" beer is Sam Adams Boston Lager. For hot weather beer I go for something like Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.
I've also recently  taken a liking to COOP Ale Works DNR http://coopaleworks.com/beers/dnr/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

:P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 01:54:57 PM »
^^^Puritanical prude^^^

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »
Sam Adams Boston Lager.

I actually had that for the first time a few weeks ago by accident. I'd ordered a Blue Moon with my burger at Mel's Diner in Reno, and the hot waitress brought me the Sam Adams instead. I was gonna correct her, but it was busy and she'd dropped it off like it was the baton in a relay race, so I just said "the hell with it". Ended up drinking two of them - they're pretty good.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

I'm also a stout and porter fan also like dark ales. My "baseline" beer is Sam Adams Boston Lager. For hot weather beer I go for something like Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.
I've also recently  taken a liking to COOP Ale Works DNR http://coopaleworks.com/beers/dnr/

Summer Shandy is alright. Another choice for those who don't like cheap swill would Mama's Little Yella Pils from Oskar Blues. Or Dale's Pale Ale from the same brewery, but it's a bit stronger alcohol wise.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 03:58:24 PM »
I love Budweiser. Maybe because I grew up drinking it but there's something about it I prefer over all the other mass-market stuff.

Sure I've found a few craft or micro-brews that I like but if on a budget I'm going with Bud over them.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 05:23:18 PM »

I just bought my first six pack of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.  It is darn tasty after a long day of yard work on 90°/90% days.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 05:36:24 PM »
Never heard of it. The only Chinese beer I have knowingly encountered is Tsingtao. I thought that was China's largest brand, but it's only number two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsingtao_Brewery

It's also remarkably unremarkable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »
Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy

Oh yeah, this stuff is great found it for a super low price once. Once.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »
^^^I am partial to the Grapefruit Shandy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »
I actually had that for the first time a few weeks ago by accident. I'd ordered a Blue Moon with my burger at Mel's Diner in Reno, and the hot waitress brought me the Sam Adams instead. I was gonna correct her, but it was busy and she'd dropped it off like it was the baton in a relay race, so I just said "the hell with it". Ended up drinking two of them - they're pretty good.

And they are consistent, which is more than can be said of a lot of "craft" beers.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »
You guys should live here in Grand Rapids as I do.  We have one brewer of craft beers for every 10 people in the county.  Now the spirit distilleries are starting to pop up.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:59 PM »
^^^Puritanical prude^^^

=D

I don't drink, either.  I decided that for some folks, drinking is a sin.  For me, it's a sin.  For others, it's not.  So have at it, all you want.

Because it's up to you to decide whether it's a sin for you.

It's not up to me.

Terry, dry since 1993, 230RN

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 09:11:53 AM »
You guys should live here in Grand Rapids as I do.  We have one brewer of craft beers for every 10 people in the county.  Now the spirit distilleries are starting to pop up.

One of the things I loved about Michigan.  Plus 2 breweries in Muskegon, and 2 more split between Holland and Grand Haven.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 11:32:28 AM »
So, when are we going to talk about this most popular bear?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 11:47:28 AM »
So, when are we going to talk about this most popular bear?

Bears! Beets! Battlestar Galactica!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTVcKNx8Rk
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:27:55 AM by Ben »

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!