Author Topic: Google Shows It's Woke on Diversity- James Damore Lawsuit  (Read 8861 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Google Shows It's Woke on Diversity- James Damore Lawsuit
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2017, 06:15:10 PM »
Google Diversity Queen's initial response to the memo.  ("Plantiff's Exhibit #2 Your Honor....")

The bolded part would be the literal "Money Quote".

Obviously, the problem was that he felt safe expressing his view ... and "safe" was a lie. An interesting counter-note from Danielle's memo:

Many of you have read an internal document shared by someone in our engineering organization, expressing views on the natural abilities and characteristics of different genders, as well as whether one can speak freely of these things at Google. And like many of you, I found that it advanced incorrect assumptions about gender. I'm not going to link to it here as it's not a viewpoint that I or this company endorses, promotes or encourages.

Translation: You can feel free to express your opinions, as long as your opinions support our opinions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 12:49:37 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
Necro instead of a new thread, just for the refresher on the background.

The former Google employee is now suing Google. To reiterate my opinion, which hasn't changed much since this started: Google can hire or fire anyone they want. The guy made a completely logical argument (if people bothered to read the whole thing) and making him out to be some kind of demon is ridiculous. He was practically doxxed after this all came out, and the people who ruined his life are likely still working at Google, happy as snowflake clams.

So interesting to me, is the dichotomy of the two articles (and user comments) on the lawsuit that I have linked below. The Gizmodo article seems to allude that the guy was a KKK type white supremacist all along, and had social media posts confirming that. I never saw any such evidence when this brouhaha started, and his memo contained no language that would suggest he was. Maybe he went a little crazy after he was fired, or maybe it's all made up stuff. Certainly I'm biased against SJWs, but the Gizmodo user comments seem mostly nuts to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/01/09/james-damore-sues-google-claims-tech-giant-discriminates-against-white-conservative-men.html

https://gizmodo.com/anti-diversity-memo-author-sues-google-for-alleged-disc-1821880497
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 10:12:23 AM »
The Gizmodo article seems to allude that the guy was a KKK type white supremacist all along, and had social media posts confirming that. I never saw any such evidence when this brouhaha started, and his memo contained no language that would suggest he was. Maybe he went a little crazy after he was fired, or maybe it's all made up stuff. Certainly I'm biased against SJWs, but the Gizmodo user comments seem mostly nuts to me.

You never saw it because it doesn't exist. Their 'secret KKK' member is as he tweeted if you like Dungeons and Dragons, the titles of the KKK (whom he explicitly condemns) ex: Grand Wizard, sound cool.  What is great is in the articles condemning his tweets it includes his tweet that you know you are moralizing a matter when no positive aspect of a villain can be acknowledged.  So be sure to never express an opinion that while being evil, the Nazis had sharp uniforms, or that Bush wasn't the worst president in the 200+history of the nation, or you will be fired from google.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 11:29:54 AM »
I've read (half) the complaint. I find none of it surprising. Liberals don't want to disagree. The don't want to win. They want to crush you. They want to destroy you.

They want to force you to submit, not even caring if you convert.

That's a frightening ideology.

Hm... their affinity for Islam just became more understandable.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
From a friend's facebook page:
Jonathon Hauenschild
Former #Google employee James #Damore filed a wrongful termination suit against the tech giant. A few observations from a recovering California employment attorney:
1. The complaint is very well drafted. I don't think I have ever read so thorough a piece as this including exhibits of the anti-male, anti-conservative bias in California (NB, political affiliation/political expression is a protected status in California for purposes of employment decisions);
2. The complaint includes a couple creative, and logical, arguments including discrimination and harassment on the basis of being a white male. While these type of arguments are rare, they are within the reading of the law;
3. The complaint seeks class action status for all similarly situated employees. From what I can tell, there appear to be a couple distinct subclasses: A. Conservative/classical liberal employees who were discriminated against on the basis of political affiliation; and B. White male employees;
4. The complaint should survive, or substantially survive, a demurrer (California lingo for a Motion to Dismiss for all uninitiated attorneys :-D); and
5. The suit includes a couple Causes of Action where I am not persuaded the chances of success are high. However, it is best to include them and let a court decide whether there is merit after the discovery process is complete.

I cannot wait to see what type of evidence the Dhillon Law Firm is able to uncover, especially given the quality of evidence already included in the brief.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 10:54:49 PM »
I'm only a little ways into it, but I'm reading through the lawsuit on Scribd.

Google's biggest mistake (aside from probably illegal hiring practices) was hiring an autist who didn't care about taking their money and sitting through the BS. It's going to be a very interesting next few months. To my uneducated eyes, google is going to get fried.

https://www.scribd.com/document/368692388/James-Damore-Lawsuit
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 12:41:56 AM »
[popcorn]

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2018, 12:49:16 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread: [popcorn]

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 07:47:17 AM »
To my uneducated eyes, google is going to get fried.

Good. Now if someone can just do the same to Book of faces ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
Good. Now if someone can just do the same to Book of faces ...
I was thinking more about Youtube.  There are already lawsuits over demonetizing videos.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »
Thanks for thread combine, Ben.

Informative reddit thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/law/comments/7p0gq5/james_damore_just_filed_a_class_action_lawsuit/

Biggest takeaway from internet discussion so far: Liberals aren't interacting with the material facts of the case, just like they didn't interact with the original written memo. This is going to be the Zimmerman case of Silicon Valley. The hype just doesn't match what's on the ground.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
Thanks for thread combine, Ben.

Wasn't me, but thanks to whoever did it. :)

In many ways, this also almost ties into the google fact checking thread. The bias seems very clear, and the defense of the bias from the usual suspects even clearer.

As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2018, 11:02:42 AM »
Class action, huh?  If it weren't for the fact that it was so long ago and the principals have retired or otherwise moved on, I'd like to join that suit.