Author Topic: Sonic Attacks on US Diplomats in Cuba  (Read 1460 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sonic Attacks on US Diplomats in Cuba
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Anyone been keeping up with this? It appears that contrary to earlier reports, they were still occurring as recently as last month. The effects seem to include brain damage. Cuba has of course, denied involvement. That might be true, or it might not.

I'm very curious about the technology, as it appears to be quite directional with the ability to localize (unless there is collateral damage to nearby Cubans that we just haven't heard about). It could very well be devices planted within the Embassy, thus potentially localized by the walls of the building, which to me, would step it up from terrorist groups, etc. to well-trained government operatives. Of course they could be planted in living quarters or somewhere, rather than the Embassy - there doesn't seem to be information on that. Otherwise, if it's penetrating from outside but still controlled regarding spatial effect, that's pretty impressive.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/01/attacks-on-us-diplomats-in-cuba-continued-longer-than-first-announced-state-department-now-says.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Sonic Attacks on US Diplomats in Cuba
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:59:01 AM »
One report I heard indicates that no one has located a "sonic weapon," supposed to  be the cause of these sicknesses.  The report lacked detail,  but I was led to believe other possible causes are being considered.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:46:35 AM »
Articles I've read suggest that the staffers were targetted in their residences, not in the embassy itself. I don't know how anyone can know that, but I'd guess that the embassy compound itself would have been fairly thoroughly checked out for various kinds of electronic devices. But they don't know what's causing this, so I reckon there's no assurance they would have been able to find something that possible only emits sound waves, not electromagnetic radiation.

This is like something out of a science fiction novel.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
More data needed, but:

I thought it was fairly well known that infrasonic sound can affect people negatively in terms of feelings of malaise and "doom."

It would be hard to project infrasound (below, say, 16Hz) with any direction, but higher frequency sounds can be pretty directional.  I wonder if someone's figured out a way to project two ultrasound (above, say, 20 KHz) beams* such that where they intersect, they heterodyne to form a low frequency sound at that point.

30,000 Hz + 30,010 Hz results in a beat frequency (heterodyned) of 10 Hz.

Maybe they should see what dogs think about it. :)

Or maybe it's in the water.

Is the ejection of two diplomats at this point in time causal, or coincidental?

Terry, 230RN

* Come to think of it, ETA, tight "beams" wouldn't even be necessary if you could get the intereference patterns to match at a specific locale.  But I didn't want to revise the whole post.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »
Infrasound can cause visual hallucinations, and is a suspected factor in some ghost sightings.  I've "felt" infrasound in the elephant house of a zoo (they communicate with it) and it is very weird.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
Infrasound can cause visual hallucinations, and is a suspected factor in some ghost sightings.  I've "felt" infrasound in the elephant house of a zoo (they communicate with it) and it is very weird.

Oh, great. So our diplomats in Cuba are either being targeted by ghosts, or ghost elephants. Thanks, Trump.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 12:49:44 PM »

Oh, great. So our diplomats in Cuba are either being targeted by ghosts, or ghost elephants. Thanks, Trump.

"Who ya gonna call??!! -- GHOSTBUSTERS!! :rofl: [tinfoil] [popcorn] :angel: :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 05:09:28 PM »
If this is documented, why do we still have diplomats in Cuba?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »

Give up your gold rings you capitalist dogs!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.