Author Topic: I pity President Trump  (Read 771 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
I pity President Trump
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:05:27 PM »
According to the media, he can't do anything right. If he does something, it's wrong. If he does nothing -- HE's wrong.

http://news.trust.org/item/20170902183837-916ih

On his first visit to Texas after (or during) Harvey, he stayed away from the action and met with people to coordinate relief. That's a positive, in my book -- he stayed out of the way, behind the scenes, and allowed the rescue work to proceed without turning it into a photo op. But the media seems to think he should have jumped into the middle of the action. After all, that's what Obama would have done -- he would have been right there, with rain pouring down his face, shaking hands and kissing babies, instead of talking to people to get the relief started.

The problem with too many people in this country today is that they've been addicted to their cell phones and tweets and sound bites for so long that they don't understand that, sometimes, leadership means staying out of the limelight and working behind the scenes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: I pity President Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 01:03:48 AM »
I think the people who voted for Trump understand all that.  I do not know if that is enough.

The democrat party fundraising is pretty low right now from what I heard.  That might be an indicator that those attitudes are not as widespread as the media would want us to believe.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:43:51 AM »
I dunno.  I think maybe some of the media may be coming around.  I posted this in response to a CNN article which seemed quite professional and "unsnotty."

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=55501.msg1128471#msg1128471

Faint hope, but I think some of the ivory towers may be crumbling.

I don't pity him, but there are still a large number of useful idiot libserfs running around loose, nitpicking at everything Trumpian.  

Terry
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:06:20 AM by 230RN »

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »
Facebook has become a swamp of Trump haters and Republican haters.  I mean just chock full of them.  If it wasn't so stupid it would be funny.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw