Author Topic: Prepare yourselves for more idiocy from the left  (Read 2834 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Prepare yourselves for more idiocy from the left
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »
Now that we are most of the way through Labor Day weekend, it occurred to me that the next official national holiday is Columbus Day. And, of course, thanks to the antifa and BLM movements we have now been reminded that Cristoforo Columbo was a CIS gender, capitalist pig oppressor whose purpose in coming to the "new world" was to rape, pillage, and plunder. (Does that make him an honorary Viking?)

Once the aforementioned "DOWN WITH THE OPPRESSORS!" types wake up to the fact that the second Monday in October is dedicated to celebrating Signor Columbo and his voyage of [accidental] discovery, I fully expect a movement to force the Congress to undeclare Columbus Day as a national holiday.

But I'm sure they won't want to surrender a day off, so what's your vote as to whom they'll propose to replace Columbus as worthy of having a national holiday named after him or her?

Harriet Tubbman?

George Washington Carver?

Trini Lopez?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Prepare yourselves for more idiocy from the left
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »

Harriet Tubbman?

Trini Lopez?

D) None of the above.

Those jurisdictions that have already "outlawed" Columbus Day (e.g., Los Angeles) are replacing it with "indigenous peoples day".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »
Hey, I is an indigenous people.  I is borned here.  I always check other when asked about race.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
Now that we are most of the way through Labor Day weekend, it occurred to me that the next official national holiday is Columbus Day. And, of course, thanks to the antifa and BLM movements we have now been reminded that Cristoforo Columbo was a CIS gender, capitalist pig oppressor whose purpose in coming to the "new world" was to rape, pillage, and plunder. (Does that make him an honorary Viking?)

Once the aforementioned "DOWN WITH THE OPPRESSORS!" types wake up to the fact that the second Monday in October is dedicated to celebrating Signor Columbo and his voyage of [accidental] discovery, I fully expect a movement to force the Congress to undeclare Columbus Day as a national holiday.

But I'm sure they won't want to surrender a day off, so what's your vote as to whom they'll propose to replace Columbus as worthy of having a national holiday named after him or her?

Harriet Tubbman?

Trini Lopez?

"Cristoforo Columbo?"  Related to? [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
"(Does that make him an honorary Viking?)"

:rofl:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »

"Cristoforo Columbo?"  Related to? [tinfoil]

He was, after all, Italian, not English. Just trying to be politically correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
yes, he was Italian, but was employed by Spain.  Just to be correct.   lol 

I like the man myself, and am very grateful he succeeded.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
D) None of the above.

Those jurisdictions that have already "outlawed" Columbus Day (e.g., Los Angeles) are replacing it with "indigenous peoples day".

They have to change that soon too. Many of the Indigenous people kept slaves so we can't have a day named for them either. Slavery was actually fairly common among many Native American tribes as was cannibalism, ritualized torture, warring over land and resources, etc.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »
yes, he was Italian, but was employed by Spain.  Just to be correct.   lol 

I like the man myself, and am very grateful he succeeded.

In Spanish his name is spelled Cristobal Colon. (There are some accents in there that I can't reproduce on my keyboard.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 04:26:36 PM »
They have to change that soon too. Many of the Indigenous people kept slaves so we can't have a day named for them either. Slavery was actually fairly common among many Native American tribes as was cannibalism, ritualized torture, warring over land and resources, etc.

I actually wasn't aware of the cannibalism (at least American indians - I know there was cannibalism in the Mexico region and southward), but yeah, a LOT of inter-tribal slavery and sickly interesting ways to torture and kill people, but that's all being whitewashed in the "new" history books. North America was just one big happy family all living in Utopia until the white devils showed up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
I actually wasn't aware of the cannibalism (at least American indians - I know there was cannibalism in the Mexico region and southward), but yeah, a LOT of inter-tribal slavery and sickly interesting ways to torture and kill people, but that's all being whitewashed in the "new" history books. North America was just one big happy family all living in Utopia until the white devils showed up.

The Anasazi may have been cannibals.  And I'm not sure how far north the Toltecs ranged.
"It's good, though..."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »

If they are talking about Columbus, we are really talking central america where it is definitively documented. There has been scientific analysis done on petrified human poo that proves the Anisazi consumed human flesh. There is pretty well documented evidence that the Iroquois  and some other northern tribes engaged in cannibalism as well.

And yeah, the commonly taught or espoused new history has them all living in peace and spreading rainbows and unicorns until the white man came along.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »
<ancillary><general hint>

In Spanish his name is spelled Cristobal Colon. (There are some accents in there that I can't reproduce on my keyboard.)

Cristóbal Colón

What you can do is highlight and copy from the source, then paste into your document or post.  I copied and pasted that from the wiki article on the man.

I do that with a lot of special symbols and foreign phrases.

For often-used ones, like slashed zeros (Ø) for my ham call letters, the degree (45°F) symbol, etc, I keep a list of them in a text processor so I have ready access to them and can copy and paste from there rather than digging through html lists.

Very simple, very easy, n'est-ce pas?

Small sample from my text file of these:

degree  Â°
micro µ
obelus ÷
slashed zero  Ã˜
dagger ( †, ‡ )

Just a little µ-suggestion.

</ancillary></general hint>

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:11:48 PM by 230RN »

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 11:15:09 AM »

He's guilty of CULTURAL APPROPRIATION then also.  Even more reason to not have a holiday, or statue or anything else name after him.

Harriet Tubbman?

Trini Lopez?

Eddie Slovik

Chelsea Manning

Katilyn Jenner
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:32:32 PM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Prepare yourselves for more idiocy from the left
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »

Chelsea Manning

Katilyn Jenner
Sooooo

Hot dogs are off the menu and on the chopping block...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 05:04:59 PM »
If they are talking about Columbus, we are really talking central america where it is definitively documented. There has been scientific analysis done on petrified human poo that proves the Anisazi consumed human flesh. There is pretty well documented evidence that the Iroquois  and some other northern tribes engaged in cannibalism as well.

And yeah, the commonly taught or espoused new history has them all living in peace and spreading rainbows and unicorns until the white man came along.
The Karankawa Indians around the Texas Gulf Coast area did it some, but I hear it was more a "capture the power of your enemies" thing rather than just food.  I imagine that was the case with most of them but I am not sure it matters.
http://www.texasindians.com/karank.htm
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »
On the left, I am sure the left will scream louder the more they lose.  I am not sure they will ever admit defeat unless and until the current office holders are replaced.  That won't be for a while.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
The Karankawa Indians around the Texas Gulf Coast area did it some, but I hear it was more a "capture the power of your enemies" thing rather than just food.  I imagine that was the case with most of them but I am not sure it matters.
http://www.texasindians.com/karank.htm

The Choctaw were accused of this as well but they strongly deny it. I have a SMALL amount of Choctaw and Cherokee in me. (they were delicious! XD JKJKJK, please don't hit me!)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
The historical importance isn't that Columbus "discovered" America. It's the timing. European population was going boom and arable land was getting scarce. Educated Europeans knew the earth was round and also much bigger than Columbus claimed. They also knew something was out west. They weren't really sure what was there, but it was there.
Columbus goes, good land is "found" and viola! Europe has an outlet for it's population boom.

*shrug* It could have been any shmuck with a boat, it's the time point at which the shmuck with a boat came over that's the important part. These idiots can vilify him all they want. It really doesn't matter. Had he failed to reach the West Indies and get back to Europe, someone else would have done it shortly there after and the results would have been essentially the same.

That said, the shmuck with a boat was Columbus and thus the New World was settled, so why shouldn't he have his day? 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »
Because he deserves no credit.

The Vikings were in Canada centuries before he came along. There were northern European fishermen exploiting fishing grounds off of the coast of Canada and New England in the century before his voyages.

So yeah, he found a few islands in the Caribbean and gets a holiday and other stuff but my ancestors found an entire continent and get nothing.

So to Hell with that guy. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
Because he deserves no credit.

The Vikings were in Canada centuries before he came along. There were northern European fishermen exploiting fishing grounds off of the coast of Canada and New England in the century before his voyages.

So yeah, he found a few islands in the Caribbean and gets a holiday and other stuff but my ancestors found an entire continent and get nothing.

So to Hell with that guy. 

They might of also found it, but they didn't start off the settlement rush like he did.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »
Plus bad timing on their part Climate Change wise.  It was getting colder world-wide when the Viking discovered America, so much, much, harder to start and maintain colonies.

Pilgrims get lucky and land after ~90% of the Indian population had succumbed to disease and they run into a former "slave" that had escaped Europe only to find that the Pretenders had written the theme song* to "The Rush Limbaugh Show", so he taught the pale faces to put a fish in with the seed of corn, and to root for Washington against Dallas on Thanksgiving Day.

*- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wplUBFVsbtw
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:17 AM »
Charles Mann wrote two interesting books about the topic- one about the Americas before Columbus ("1491") and one about the effects of the discovery on the world ("1492").

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
More?

Their 'tardcups runneth over already.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 10:05:32 AM »
I wish this wasn't necessary, but when Columbus comes up in conversation, the meaning of the word "discovery" should be discussed. Discovery has never implied that no other human was aware of the discovered thing. It's a relative term. Examples:

"I recently discovered the music of Heinrich Biber."

"Police discovered a meth lab being operated in the APS server farm."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife