Author Topic: DACA  (Read 8905 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: DACA
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
My Rep., Gerry Connolly, is on his facebook pulpit this morning bitching about how Trump is creating a huge mess because he's cancelling DACA.

More than a few of his constituents are blasting the *expletive deleted*it out of him and calling him out on his and Congress' continuing failure to do its job and address the immigration/illegal alien issue.

I used to have a lot of respect for Gerry. I new him, talked with him frequently, broke bread with him. He even appointed me to my county commission seat.

But since he's gone to Washington he's turned into an absolute, utter, communist buffoon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »
My Rep., Gerry Connolly, is on his facebook pulpit this morning bitching about how Trump is creating a huge mess because he's cancelling DACA.

More than a few of his constituents are blasting the *expletive deleted*it out of him and calling him out on his and Congress' continuing failure to do its job and address the immigration/illegal alien issue.

I used to have a lot of respect for Gerry. I new him, talked with him frequently, broke bread with him. He even appointed me to my county commission seat.

But since he's gone to Washington he's turned into an absolute, utter, communist buffoon.

All the more reason for term limits. Staying in Washington appears to corrupt everyone.

Representatives and Senators ought to be keenly aware that they will be living under these laws and regulations that the approve. (I won't say "pass into law" because less and less of what the government does appears to be passed by Congress.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 11:17:25 AM »
Yeah, you know, I want to give him benefit of the doubt, mostly because of what the GOPe has been doing. While I have no problems with him doing workarounds to that obstruction, I have a big problem if he just decides to go for spite and simply starts backing the dem agenda.
I am trying to leave room for 1) Trump trying to do some political maneuvering, and 2) most of the information I get is from Big Media that hates him and is constantly trying to get his supporters to turn on him.  I always try to keep in mind #2 as Big Media has been throwing the kitchen sink at trying to undermine Trump's support.  I don't want to give them a victory.

The Repubs in Congress get no room or benefit of the doubt at all.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »
All the more reason for term limits. Staying in Washington appears to corrupt everyone.

Representatives and Senators ought to be keenly aware that they will be living under these laws and regulations that the approve. (I won't say "pass into law" because less and less of what the government does appears to be passed by Congress.)

To be honest, he never should have gotten a freaking term in the first place.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 10:20:44 AM »
They apparently shouted down Pelosi yesterday and completely rattled her. She cut her press conference or whatever it was short and left.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/18/protesters-call-out-pelosi-over-trump-daca-deal.html

But the Russians may have put them up to it, right?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21319/idiotic-dem-senator-says-russia-blame-protest-joseph-curl

If the Democrats are so worried about foreign influence on our elections, why are they so determined to let in so many illegals and refugees into our country, and to loosen the rules on who gets to vote?  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »

But the Russians may have put them up to it, right?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21319/idiotic-dem-senator-says-russia-blame-protest-joseph-curl

If the Democrats are so worried about foreign influence on our elections, why are they so determined to let in so many illegals and refugees into our country, and to loosen the rules on who gets to vote?  ;/

You are assuming that the Democrat Party Collective and it's many Useful Idiots are not mentally ill.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
Chickens coming home to roost ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.