Author Topic: "The Dogma Lives Loudly Within You"  (Read 3557 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: "The Dogma Lives Loudly Within You"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:11:20 PM »
She wouldn't,  she has a sense of self preservation. 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »
Nope, Christians have nothing to be worried about. No warning signs about blatant religious discrimination, Christians are just paranoid.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Feinstein#Early_life_and_education
Feinstein was born Dianne Emiel Goldman[1] in San Francisco, to Betty (née Rosenburg), a former model, and Leon Goldman, a surgeon. Feinstein's paternal grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Poland. Her maternal grandparents, the Rosenburg family, were from Saint Petersburg, Russia.[6] While they were of German-Jewish ancestry,[7] they practiced the Russian Orthodox faith as was required for Jews residing in Saint Petersburg

So her Jewish ancestors were forced to live as Christians? It seems she learned the wrong lesson from that history.

Dick Durbin had some oddly specific questions for her, about an article she wrote 20 years ago.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4681442/durbin-consider-orthodox-catholic

"What is an "orthodox Catholic?"  ;/

And as mak sarcastically points out, this has become a trend for the Democrats:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/bernie-sanders-chris-van-hollen-russell-vought/529614/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:50:27 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »

And as mak sarcastically points out, this has become a trend for the Democrats:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/bernie-sanders-chris-van-hollen-russell-vought/529614/

Just ... wow!

Van Hollen said it’s “irrefutable” that comments like Vought’s suggest to many that he’s condemning all people who aren’t Christians. And he asserted that Vought’s view of his faith is wrong: “I’m a Christian, but part of being a Christian, in my view, is recognizing that there are lots of ways that people can pursue their God,” Van Hollen said.

That may be your view, Senator, but that's not what the Bible says. Since being a Christian is based in Holy Scripture and on acceptance of Christ Jesus as the Son of God and the way for all who accept Him as their savior to find God, what other ways are there for Christians to pursue their God?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend

Perd Hapley

• friend

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 02:07:15 PM »
It's happening again:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/13/corey-booker-hounds-mike-pompeo-agreeing-christianity-gay-sex/

Booker asked him if he believed homosexuality is a perversion, and if he really thinks it's bad for people to worship "other gods."  ;/ 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »
It's happening again:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/13/corey-booker-hounds-mike-pompeo-agreeing-christianity-gay-sex/

Booker asked him if he believed homosexuality is a perversion, and if he really thinks it's bad for people to worship "other gods."  ;/ 

Made this exact connection when I heard it too.

Mr. Pompeo disappointed me. My IMMEDIATE response would have been, "Senator, I'll be happy to answer your question as asked, but I want to be clear about the question. Are you testing that I have the proper religious beliefs for this position?"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 06:12:23 PM »
Made this exact connection when I heard it too.

Mr. Pompeo disappointed me. My IMMEDIATE response would have been, "Senator, I'll be happy to answer your question as asked, but I want to be clear about the question. Are you testing that I have the proper religious beliefs for this position?"

You are right.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 11:01:57 PM »

Some bright, handsome fellow has written a deep and thoughtful article on this very subject.

https://ricochet.com/510225/another-democrat-senator-questions-trump-nominees-religious-views/