Author Topic: I think I've seen this play before  (Read 765 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
I think I've seen this play before
« on: September 16, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4470415/parsons-green-terror-attack-hunt-isis-bomb-arrest-raid-surrey

London train bombing. These terrorist attacks are beginning (??) to resemble the Hollywood trend toward making remakes of remakes of remakes of successful movies. How many times has the story of Robin Hood or The Lone Ranger, or maybe Tarzan, been "reimagined" on the big screen?

So London has another terrorist attack. Following the attack, they flood the streets with armed cops and raise the threat level to "high." This will last for a week or two, maybe a month, and then people will tire of seeing cops on the streets with guns, the cops will tire of traipsing around with all that combat gear on, the politicians and administrators will tire of paying for all those armed cops to be on the streets ... so the police "protection" will taper off, things will revert to the way they were before ... and then they'll have another terrorist attack of some kind.

I expect the same here in the U.S. What makes it more likely in London is the extremely high percentage of the population that's Muslim.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: I think I've seen this play before
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »
Yes, each attack is a "lesson learned" by the terrorists.  Remember in Israel and Iraq when they went to binary attacks?   One small one to draw one to draw in police/military/first responders and then set off a larger secondary to kill those folks ??

Give them time...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: I think I've seen this play before
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »
Yes, each attack is a "lesson learned" by the terrorists.  Remember in Israel and Iraq when they went to binary attacks?   One small one to draw one to draw in police/military/first responders and then set off a larger secondary to kill those folks ??

Give them time...
The successful attacks are largely those carried out by one or a few who are normally suicidal.  I think sophistication from that sort is going to be rare unless there is a "controller" in the background that isn't being caught. 

However, this was a case of an IED that didn't quite go off as planned.  It doesn't take a lot of sophistication to do that on a small scale. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge