Author Topic: Equifax Data Breach  (Read 6068 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Equifax Data Breach
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 07:02:00 AM »
All 4 locked down for $20 in total. The TransUnion URL is incorrect. So a search on "freeze" once you log in and it will pop up.

THANKS!

Sorry about that...I correct the link in my OP and your quote of it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »
Hell my credit is so bad, I'm hoping someone feels sorry for me and sends me money.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
All four for only $10.  I said was victim of ID theft (and if Equifax lost 143 million, then I know I'm in there.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
Before setting freezes, I requested my free annual report. Equifax was down, so I wasn't able to get an Equifax report. I did get a TransUnion and Experian report which seem to be ok.

I would rather look at my Equifax report before freezing my Equifax account. But I don't know how long it will be until I'm able to get one. AnnualCreditReport.com sends me to Equifax and then the session just dies.

The Experian freeze website linked from the Experian credit report has been taken down. I can't find it even by searching on their site. I did find this alternate which took me through the process and then said "we cannot place a freeze on your account" and then offered me to mail in documents instead.  https://www.experian.com/ncaconline/freeze

TransUnion is trying to get me to enroll in TrueIdentity instead of freezing my account, which is free and lets me lock and unlock it whenever I want. It sounds better, but I wonder what the catch is.

I was able to set an Innovis freeze in about 10 seconds...assuming that it goes through.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »
I went in and put a fraud alert on my card, and found a wrong entry in my Experian report...

And I also found some interesting stuff that I'm not sure how it would be in my credit report unless the government shared it with them at the time I was getting my top secret clearance.

Anyone know if that's the case?

The thing that was absolutely incorrect was they had my old downtown DC work address listed as a residential address. I contested that and it was removed from my report within 4 hours. But the other stuff has me wondering.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »
Before setting freezes, I requested my free annual report. Equifax was down, so I wasn't able to get an Equifax report. I did get a TransUnion and Experian report which seem to be ok.

I would rather look at my Equifax report before freezing my Equifax account. But I don't know how long it will be until I'm able to get one. AnnualCreditReport.com sends me to Equifax and then the session just dies.

The Experian freeze website linked from the Experian credit report has been taken down. I can't find it even by searching on their site. I did find this alternate which took me through the process and then said "we cannot place a freeze on your account" and then offered me to mail in documents instead.  https://www.experian.com/ncaconline/freeze

TransUnion is trying to get me to enroll in TrueIdentity instead of freezing my account, which is free and lets me lock and unlock it whenever I want. It sounds better, but I wonder what the catch is.

I was able to set an Innovis freeze in about 10 seconds...assuming that it goes through.

I pulled my older model Trans U report along with Experian.  Nothing odd except for my son's medical bills which my ex- has yet to pay on. Grrrrrr....

Froze Equifax, no charge.   Experian charged me $10.  Told Innovis that I was a victim of ID Theft, so that cost nothing. (And took like 10 seconds to complete everything.)  I did sign up for TrueIdentity from Trans Union.  It cost nothing and I can lock and unlock my report at will.  I did unclick the boxes on all of them to avoid the annoying daily spam emails.  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.