Author Topic: "Toxic" politics  (Read 1150 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
"Toxic" politics
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:26:04 AM »
So the left want to blame what they call "toxic" politics on Trump.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/as-violence-rises-trump-allies-reject-link-of-words-to-action#gs.MY5UDlM

This, IMHO, is further proof of TDS. Antifa are perpetrating violence, not Trump supporters. Maxine waters is advocating violence, not Steve Scalice or Paul Ryan. It's the Democrats who persist in talking about "RESIST!" after almost two years of Trump's term in office. The Republicans didn't spend two years RESIST!ing Obama after his election.

These people are worse than delusional. They are mentally ill and dangerous.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: "Toxic" politics
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 09:02:44 AM »
This article is exactly why the left got Trump.

Paul Ryan is a good man. He is interested in the future of this country and is honestly laying out the situation in the country: the left has fueled identity politics for decades and Trump's rise is a first foray into "identity" politics by the right.*

What does the left do with it? "EVEN PAUL RYAN SAYS TRUMP IS ALL ABOUT IDENTITY POLITICS!!!!"

The leftists who run the Democrat party and the Media (but I repeat myself) are not interested in honest debate, honest assessment. That's why Trump is the right man for the job. He never gives an inch, he never gives them nuance that they will then ignore. He just fights back, every. single. time.

Until the left is willing to return to a more reasoned debate, they need to be hammered like Trump does.

*Of sorts. I see Trump making (hopefully) huge, and needed outreach to the black community and I really hope that he... and I can't believe I'm typing this... and Kanye West are successful in encouraging blacks to re-evaluate their near total support of the Democrat party.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
Trump addresses hundreds of young black conservatives, praises Kanye
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/trump-addresses-hundreds-young-black-conservatives-praises-kanye-n924956

Trump praises young black conservatives: One of you will be president
https://nypost.com/2018/10/26/trump-praises-young-black-conservatives-one-of-you-will-be-president/

I started following Candace Owens on Twitter and there was some sort of Black Conservative Leadership event at the White House this weekend.  I saw a picture of Trump Jr. with them and later President Trump talked to them.  It was all over my Twitter feed.  Candace is pretty active on social media so there were tons of posts about.  Saw a lot of stuff on Walk Away Movement and now BLEXIT.  Judging by what I read, lots of people who remember their own history and support liberty.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:09:04 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 09:33:51 AM »
Related to black conservatives, Twitter apparently suspended the account of the Black Conservative Movement's Director. It was later reinstated, but the reason he was suspended was for pointing out the names those in the movement have been called by the left.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/10/29/we-will-not-be-silent-black-conservative-movement-director-khaliq-rodiquez-censored-for-calling-the-left-outa/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 10:58:59 AM »
IIRC, didn't the left go all BSC and riot the night and day after Trump's election ?? 

Weren't there emotionally unstable people screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo" At his inauguration  ??

Didn't we have thousands of people walking around with p*$$y hats on the day(s) after the inauguration ??

Haven't we had antifa attacking people and also throwing riots especially if someone they disagree with wishes/been invited to speak  ??

Yet when Trump says "You are fake news" when the MSM deliberately mis-reports a story, it's all his fault for creating a "toxic political environment".

I don't remember any of the above happening after the 2008 election. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »
I don't know if we can pin-point exactly when our politics got toxic, but I think I can make an educated guess. The Black Lives Matter movement ramped up in 2014 (the Michael Brown shooting), and a year later, the same-sex marriage debate morphed into the campaign to make bigots out of everyone that failed to keep pace with each new demand for woke purity. After that, it's tempting to blame Trump, but his crudity and running-off-at-the-mouth is really nothing, compared to the race-baiting and fear-mongering the Left has engaged in for the past three years.

Of course, it only works if history has been forgotten, so younger people really believe we're in some nadir of bigotry and oppression.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 05:40:49 PM »

Of course, it only works if history has been forgotten, so younger people really believe we're in some nadir of bigotry and oppression.

For so, so many of these people, history started the day Obama was elected. That's their baseline. Even Bush/Clinton/Bush are forgotten years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
I don't know if we can pin-point exactly when our politics got toxic,

1968 Democrat National Convention, Chicago...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »
Personally, I think the rise of identity politics and the cult of victimhood is where the problems started

Used to be, folks would lobby for an issue, and have a definite goal in mind: once reached, everything was good. Identity politics changed that, as "the struggle" became the central cause for living.

Using one example Fistful mentioned: gay marriage. Most of the gays I know were actually happy with the idea of civil unions: "I can go and get all the same rights as the straights get, just as easily? Then we're cool!". Unfortunately, a fair number had made the fight so central to their lives, that they didn't know how to live without it. Add in the whole victimhood game, and things went crazy.
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 06:53:40 PM »
All politics is toxic.

There's rarely a compromise where both sides are happy and usually one side makes out worse than the other. Resentment naturally follows. This can be be taken care of in the normal process of politics where there's a balance as to who wins and loses.

But if one side perceives that they are constantly losing out they will get even more resentful as time passes.  They could even have been winning out most of the time but feel resentful because they didn't get all they wanted. Or they could have had some very high expectations that were dashed unexpectedly and that caused them to become embittered.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
All politics is toxic.

There's rarely a compromise where both sides are happy and usually one side makes out worse than the other. Resentment naturally follows. This can be be taken care of in the normal process of politics where there's a balance as to who wins and loses.

But if one side perceives that they are constantly losing out they will get even more resentful as time passes.  They could even have been winning out most of the time but feel resentful because they didn't get all they wanted. Or they could have had some very high expectations that were dashed unexpectedly and that caused them to become embittered.

Perhaps a Constitutional Amendment saying that Congress can't be in session more than about 3 months a year or every other year.  Then there isn't the constant worry that Congress will pass something next month that will screw your side over.  Takes away some of the urgency. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »
Perhaps a Constitutional Amendment saying that Congress can't be in session more than about 3 months a year or every other year.  Then there isn't the constant worry that Congress will pass something next month that will screw your side over.  Takes away some of the urgency. 

Hell yes. 

Texas has the right idea.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
Politics always has, always will be toxic. Caesar had a crappy March. One of our vice president popped a cap in a rival. That's the way it goes. Our current brand of toxicity is rooted in the battle against collectivism. It has to be toxic because there is no middle ground.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 08:54:56 PM »
IIRC, didn't the left go all BSC and riot the night and day after Trump's election ?? 

Weren't there emotionally unstable people screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo" At his inauguration  ??

Didn't we have thousands of people walking around with p*$$y hats on the day(s) after the inauguration ??

Haven't we had antifa attacking people and also throwing riots especially if someone they disagree with wishes/been invited to speak  ??

Yet when Trump says "You are fake news" when the MSM deliberately mis-reports a story, it's all his fault for creating a "toxic political environment".

I don't remember any of the above happening after the 2008 election. 

For 8 years they said that not worshipping the president was treason then resistance became patriotic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!