Author Topic: The Megyn Kelly Thing  (Read 4089 times)

JN01

• friend
Re: The Megyn Kelly Thing
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »
Lady at work was playing the offending segment of Kelly's show on her phone.  Seems to me it was blown all out of proportion.

On a funny note, Kelly brought up a list of acceptable costumes that some PC group came up with.  One of them was dressing as letters of the alphabet.   One of the guests commented that it was a great suggestion and that she was going to dress as "F" and her husband would be "U".  =)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:15 AM »
Lady at work was playing the offending segment of Kelly's show on her phone.  Seems to me it was blown all out of proportion.

Well of course it was.  (Yes, I saw it also.  She was asking about what were acceptable as costumes.)   But the SJW's will not be denied their scalps.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »
It was a white woman who the left identifies as "conservative" and she used the word "blackface"... That's all the SJWs need to scream "racism"

Context doesn't matter. Only the word and who used it matters.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »
I'm trying to figure out my Halloween costume. So far, I've got blackface and a Indian Native American Massachusetts senator headdress. What else should I add?

Turban and dynamite vest.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 12:17:47 AM »
It was a white woman who the left identifies as "conservative" and she used the word "blackface"... That's all the SJWs need to scream "racism"

Context doesn't matter. Only the word and who used it matters.

This is what most conservatives don't seem to get. Unless you toe the Left-wing line, anything you say about race is racist, because you're a racist, because you don't toe their ever-changing line.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2018, 12:19:01 AM »
Turban and dynamite vest.

That's not considered cultural appropriation - yet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 02:20:19 PM »
Getting back to Megyn Kelly for a moment, I always thought she was overrated on Fox and her success had more to do with the lineup she was in and people not changing the channel than any talent on her part. This was a mistake on NBC’s part from the beginning. They thought that she would bring an audience when she never really had her own audience on Fox to begin with.
Megyn Kelly was placed in a very good time slot at Fox News.  She probably deserved it, but I would venture to say that Tucker Carlson and some of the other Fox News women with nightly news shows are just as good as Kelly.  Hence when she left, it was a "don't care" moment.  I think there is more to the story relative to termination at NBC than a black face.  Honestly, I never watched her morning show a single time after she was on NBC.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »
She is getting paid from what I hear so I don't feel bad for her.  If I got fired and walked away with millions, I think I could cope. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge