Author Topic: Clinton Done Being a Candidate  (Read 11301 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Clinton Done Being a Candidate
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:55:41 PM »
Clinton says she's done being a candidate. I actually believe her. After blaming pretty much everyone on Earth for her loss, in writing, I think she'll have a hard time getting full support. At least for big stuff -  I wouldn't put it past her to run for mayor in some liberalville somewhere.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/09/10/and-there-was-great-rejoicing-hillary-says-shes-done-being-a-candidate-responses-are-hilarious/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Clinton Done Being a Candidate
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
With the thread title my first thought was that she now "identified" as President and was demanding everyone accept her.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:18:54 PM »
Clinton says she's done being a candidate. I actually believe her. After blaming pretty much everyone on Earth for her loss, in writing, I think she'll have a hard time getting full support. At least for big stuff -  I wouldn't put it past her to run for mayor in some liberalville somewhere.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/09/10/and-there-was-great-rejoicing-hillary-says-shes-done-being-a-candidate-responses-are-hilarious/

I don't believe her at all. She has never told the truth about anything before, why should we believe this?

I expect that within six months she'll declare her candidacy, and she'll say she's doing it because "the people" want her to run.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »
Clinton Done Being a Candidate

Done with running for stuff.  Next time, shock troops and a coup.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:25:41 PM »
I don't believe her at all. She has never told the truth about anything before, why should we believe this?

I expect that within six months she'll declare her candidacy, and she'll say she's doing it because "the people" want her to run.

And that too.  It's like one of those "relentless enemy" nightmares, where you won't believe it's gone until it's dead, dead, dead.

I've read that folks were afraid the Emperor Nero was going to come back from the dead, decades after his death.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »

Wouldn't shock me at all.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »
Finally,  some GOOD news from the political arena!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
Quick !!!  Someone bring garlic and a wooden stake !!!

She can *expletive deleted*it on as many of her "followers" as she wants, and they'll still beg her to run again, but the left wants her to be the first female president.

Only next time she'll run a campaign based on fear, no one, and I mean NO ONE, will be allowed to primary against her.  The DNC has (for the time being) escaped being sued for failing to be unbiased when it comes to candidate selection (another story ignored by the MSN), so the cigar smoke filled back room will select their candidate to run against Trump.  And that candidate will be......drum roll please...... HILLARY !!!!

And the violence from her supporters will be like nothing we've seen so far.   It'll be a coup and revolution all thrown into one....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
That may be a real concern.

And it depends on what your definition of "done" is.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 06:27:42 PM »
She will only be "done" when she is dead.

And that could happen before the next election cycle.  Neither she or Bill has been a model of good health in the last 10 20 30 50 years.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
Warren/Harris is the next ticket.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
Quick !!!  Someone bring garlic and a wooden stake !!!

She can *expletive deleted*it on as many of her "followers" as she wants, and they'll still beg her to run again, but the left wants her to be the first female president.

Only next time she'll run a campaign based on fear, no one, and I mean NO ONE, will be allowed to primary against her.  The DNC has (for the time being) escaped being sued for failing to be unbiased when it comes to candidate selection (another story ignored by the MSN), so the cigar smoke filled back room will select their candidate to run against Trump.  And that candidate will be......drum roll please...... HILLARY !!!!

And the violence from her supporters will be like nothing we've seen so far.   It'll be a coup and revolution all thrown into one....

While you're not wrong,  I believe the only way that will happen is if they animate her corpse.  That... thing didn't look healthy last time we saw it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 11:24:52 PM »

Will likely be the opposite. CA is helping. When this passes it will be a big boost for Harris:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/10/california-could-jolt-2020-presidential-elections-242530

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 11:37:53 PM »
She will only be "done" when she is dead.

And that could happen before the next election cycle.  Neither she or Bill has been a model of good health in the last 10 20 30 50 years.

I fear you are correct. But, she won't be dead for quite some time, unfortunately. The Left would like nothing better than that. The Libs would turn out in droves to elect the Hildabeast.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 06:15:08 AM »
Will likely be the opposite. CA is helping. When this passes it will be a big boost for Harris:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/10/california-could-jolt-2020-presidential-elections-242530

It would be the opposite anyway. Harris is a genuine person of color, as well as being a woman. Warren is ... well Warren is still Fauxcahontas.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »
While you're not wrong,  I believe the only way that will happen is if they animate her corpse.  That... thing didn't look healthy last time we saw it.
She'll just get a better, refurbished people suit, and will make sure the environmental systems and controls work better this time.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 09:36:55 AM »
I'm ashamed of all of you.

"It's a trick. Get an axe."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »
She'll just get a better, refurbished people suit, and will make sure the environmental systems and controls work better this time.

"We have the technology!"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:15:30 PM by lee n. field »

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 12:01:02 PM »

That's a good bet as any.

The DNC is now at a point where weathering whatever pain the "Clinton Machine" can bring in retaliation is worth it to keep her out of the Primaries from now on, much less getting the nomination ever again.

We can talk as much as we want about "Trump's America" being hidden and overlooked by the MSM and the DNC/Left... but the other side of it was always her negatives and her simple unlikability. And I'll freely admit there's a double standard for women in the public eye looking "old" while men can enjoy the appearance of age granting them gravitas or venerability. They were barely able to keep Hillary looking healthy for much of the campaign.

Honestly, had she played true to herself 100% of the time, even if that meant she was acting imperious, angry, and cold, I think she would have actually done better. The Left in America has been willing to overlook anything in the name of ideology, and Hillary being her true nasty self would have at least looked believable and like some semblance of "strength" etc.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 12:27:37 PM »
We can talk as much as we want about "Trump's America" being hidden and overlooked by the MSM and the DNC/Left... but the other side of it was always her negatives and her simple unlikability. And I'll freely admit there's a double standard for women in the public eye looking "old" while men can enjoy the appearance of age granting them gravitas or venerability. They were barely able to keep Hillary looking healthy for much of the campaign.

Agreed. I believe another part of it was a reliance on a certain level of support from younger people and minorities, which Obama only got because of his race. A different candidate might have made it cool to vote for the first female president, but HRC just doesn't have that kind of mojo.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 03:09:40 PM »
I fear you are correct. But, she won't be dead for quite some time, unfortunately. The Left would like nothing better than that. The Libs would turn out in droves to elect the Hildabeast.
Not sure if you are serious.  They turned out in droves to elect Bernie Sanders in the Dem primaries. 

Her time to win was 2008, but Obama pulled that rug out from under her. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
Not sure if you are serious.  They turned out in droves to elect Bernie Sanders in the Dem primaries.  

Her time to win was 2008, but Obama pulled that rug out from under her.  

In an amusing turn of fate, HAD she won in 2008, the Dems likely would not have pushed so hard, so fast in the early years and lost everything so quickly.

Additionally, they'd have still had the young and (to all appearances) likeable Senator from Illinois to run after her term was over.

Instead, they ran the neophyte, over-reached, lost thousands of positions and many states and all (nominal, at least) federal political power, including a HUGE number of possible future major candidates that were booted from office.

For all the damage Obama did to the country, his own party was seriously damaged as well.

It would be interesting to run the counter-history where she did win. The country probably wouldn't be as far left (in policies and law), but also would probably still have a more positive view of Democrats.

Probably.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
Talk about doubling down on the narrative!

https://news.grabien.com/story-two-minutes-clinton-blames-comey-russia-wikileaks-facebook-v

illary Clinton believes that were it not for James Comey, Russia, Wikileaks, Facebook, fake news, voter ID laws, or America's "endemic" sexism and misogyny, she would currently be president of the United States.

In just under two minutes, Clinton rattled off eight separate excuses for losing the 2016 election.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
Hillary Clinton believes that were it not for James Comey, Russia, Wikileaks, Facebook, fake news, voter ID laws, or America's "endemic" sexism and misogyny, she would currently be president of the United States.

She should go try to get elected in some country that doesn't have all those deplorable things.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »

She should go try to get elected in some country that doesn't have all those deplorable things.