Author Topic: And the New York Times doesn't miss a beat ...  (Read 771 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
And the New York Times doesn't miss a beat ...
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:59:15 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/09/us/politics/trump-republicans-third-parties.html

Yet even as he ignored Democrats, Mr. Trump was not governing as a traditional Republican, particularly on issues like free trade or national security alliances. Republican leaders distanced themselves when he made racially inflammatory comments after a white nationalist rally erupted into violence in Charlottesville, Va.

Did I miss something? What I recall is that Trump blamed both sides for the violence. To the NY Times that's "racially inflammatory comments"? I guess so ... once you recognize that ANY comment not fully supporting the black narrative that whitey is racist and that all violence is whitey's fault. Objectively, blaming both sides for violence when both sides were at blame for the violence just doesn't seem very "racially inflammatory" to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
Re: And the New York Times doesn't miss a beat ...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »
See, the meaning of the word fascist has evolved to mean anybody that disagrees with the leftist.  So since Trump is obviously a fascist any statement he makes is inflammatory.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: And the New York Times doesn't miss a beat ...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
Nothing new. When Trump said that some Mexican immigrants are good people, but that some of them are rapists, the left turned that into a racist attack on Mexicans. When his supporters chant that his felonious political opponent should be locked up, the left turns into a fascist desire to see the political opposition outlawed.

The left will continue to twist words. They won't be talked out of it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:23:17 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife