Author Topic: Trump Gives Harvey Donation to "Racist" Charities  (Read 2785 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump Gives Harvey Donation to "Racist" Charities
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »
It's not like the outrage wouldn't be expected, but geez... Apparently every charity Trump is donating his $1mil to is "racist", "homophobic" or otherwise unworthy.

Regardless of my feelings on the Red Cross, they are generally one of the first charities people give to, and even if I don't like them, I think they are anything but racist. And the Salvation Army? My God -  I'm pretty sure my local branch gives ~80% of its resources to various not white people. At least if I go by the "Where your money is going" stuff they send me every month.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/09/06/tough-crowd-trump-announces-charities-to-which-hell-donate-toward-harvey-relief/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Trump Gives Harvey Donation to "Racist" Charities
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »
I would be curious how much each of those complainers has donated.

And apparently the Red Cross is a religious organization.  I didn't know that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »
Maybe he should have given to the Clinton Foundation.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
Maybe he should have given to the Clinton Foundation.
Even if it was just a dollar, he could have put that on the list.  It would be a great misdirection play.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
Even if it was just a dollar, he could have put that on the list.  It would be a great misdirection play.

You're eeeevillll.  Eeeeevilll, I say.

Good work.   >:D

Terry

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »
Wow, these people are hateful. (The "tolerant" ones):

Red Cross, Samaritan's Purse, & Salvation Army are a waste of a donation. Any religious group that discriminates in who they help is a no.

Most if not all are restrictive, religious, discrim orgs. Glad they're doing SOMETHING; but they turn minorities & LGBTQ AWAY in these times

... I really shouldn't be surprised, but these people have so much hate in their hearts that they really have no idea what their "enemies" do.

For example, Samaritan's Purse. CLEARLY anyone who chooses that name is all about making sure you only help people that are just like you, right?

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »
I wasn't aware that ARC, Salvation Army, or Samaritan's Purse conducted a religious test prior to providing aid. 

In fact, the name "Samaritan's Purse", should give a hint as to how they operate...But the Anti-Religious would not know that, as they don't know that parable...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 07:12:07 PM »
The Red Cross is not a religious charity.

The other two are religious charities with very good ratings for effectiveness.  The Salvation Army is actually a church.  Samaritian's Purse is associated with Franklin Graham.

This is one of the most retarded things for leftist to complain about.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 08:38:09 PM »
I wasn't aware that ARC, Salvation Army, or Samaritan's Purse conducted a religious test prior to providing aid. 

In fact, the name "Samaritan's Purse", should give a hint as to how they operate...But the Anti-Religious would not know that, as they don't know that parable...

Salvation Army has been known to toss people for not attending their religious services and for being homosexual.
Samaritan's Purse also has made people sit through a church service before getting help.

Would you consider being required to go to, say, a mosque, or some Satanic mass, as a condition of receiving assistance, to be a religious test?

Plus, the Purse has had questions raised about how much it's CEO gets paid, while Red Cross has been known to have hundreds of millions of dollars disappear into thin air while claiming to have helped some people.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 08:56:06 PM »
Salvation Army has been known to toss people for not attending their religious services and for being homosexual.

I've seen the Salvation Army in action during a disaster response. They required nothing of anyone. They were just there when needed. It's the whole reason I started giving to them. If Trump is giving to their Harvey relief fund, I expect nothing different from them.

Perhaps they make addicts attend services as part of their drug rehab programs, which are voluntary. I don't see anything wrong with that (I also don't know if they do). If the addicts don't like it, they can always go back to shooting up under a bridge somewhere, or seek out a non-religious organization to help them for free.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »
Would you consider being required to go to, say, a mosque, or some Satanic mass, as a condition of receiving assistance, to be a religious test?

They are not government programs.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 09:53:27 PM »
Samaritan's Purse also has made people sit through a church service before getting help.

I'm sure that's really outrageous, somehow. We'll let you explain.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 10:04:34 PM »
Trump is supposed to be a Christian.  Why is it horrifying that he gives to Christian charities that are widely hailed as being efficient?  The only one on the list I won't give to is the Red Cross, due to their scummy reputation.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 03:44:55 PM »
I'm sure that's really outrageous, somehow. We'll let you explain.

I already did.  Look a couple of posts up.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »

Plus, the Purse has had questions raised about how much it's CEO gets paid, while Red Cross has been known to have hundreds of millions of dollars disappear into thin air while claiming to have helped some people.

1.  That's if you are there for addiction, homelessness (food and shelter for the night) etc.  That's been their modus operandai for years. Part of their mission statement since their founding.  If they can save your soul, it makes it easier to save you from your demons.

2.  As Ben stated, when it comes to assistance in a disaster (Tornado, Flood, Hurricane, Earthquake, etc.)  They provide food and shelter, to anyone and everyone.

3.  They are private charities, no one is required to accept their help, if it would offend them to do so.

4.  Donald and Melania Trump are making the donation from their own private money.  Not from .gov money.

5.  How much is Hillary* and other Policritters donating and to whom ??   

*- is she donating to her own foundation again ??   Will the money "donated" be "spent" the way it was in Haiti.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »
I already did.  

Are you proposing that people have some kind of right to immediate, right-this-second charitable aid from a private group that's kind enough to help strangers? They can't endure an hour of singing and preachifying, first? I mean, are you saying they made them sit through a church service before they clamped off their arterial bleeding? Did these people crawl in from the desert, and moan through their parched lips, until the church service was over, and they let them have a bottle of water? I mean, really, explain what is so insufferable about attending a church service.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 04:21:24 AM »
I already did.  Look a couple of posts up.

Um... no you didn't.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 05:27:18 AM »
Are you proposing that people have some kind of right to immediate, right-this-second charitable aid from a private group that's kind enough to help strangers? They can't endure an hour of singing and preachifying, first? I mean, are you saying they made them sit through a church service before they clamped off their arterial bleeding? Did these people crawl in from the desert, and moan through their parched lips, until the church service was over, and they let them have a bottle of water? I mean, really, explain what is so insufferable about attending a church service.

I have done multi-agency disaster relief alongside The Salvation Army a couple of times.  There was no preaching and no tambourines, they mostly did stuff like deliver sack lunches and bottles of water to victims and to other volunteers, and manned distribution centers.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »
I have done multi-agency disaster relief alongside The Salvation Army a couple of times.  There was no preaching and no tambourines, they mostly did stuff like deliver sack lunches and bottles of water to victims and to other volunteers, and manned distribution centers.

Those monsters.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 11:07:10 AM »

That's exactly what I saw, as well as things like taking out the trash from ops centers and other "mundane" stuff that would be beneath the Red Cross.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
I need to get my DR credentials renewed and get involved again...
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 09:00:03 PM »
This is what Congress should be packaging in with Harvey/Irma aid.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20839/never-let-crisis-go-waste-after-hurricanes-repeal-michael-j-knowles

The Federal Emergency Management Agency currently bans granting funds to churches and other religious organization on the basis that such grants would violate the First Amendment prohibition against “establishment of religion.” In fact, the opposite is true, and the current policy of offering emergency relief funds to merely those civic organizations that toe the secular religious line constitute precisely the discrimination FEMA ostensibly seeks to avoid.

Absolutely. The government should treat religious and non-religious groups equally. If the .gov is going to fund non-religious aid groups, it should fund the religious ones in exactly the same way. That's not establishing religion; that's just equal treatment.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »
I bet the Christians made sure the aid only went to white Trump-voters that had memorized anti-LGBTQUWALLAWALLABINGBANG verses from the original King James Bible.