Author Topic: Why do web site developers insist on ruining functionality with whiz-bang?  (Read 8103 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Why do web site developers insist on ruining functionality with whiz-bang?
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
Reviving the thread because whiz-bang-web-site is hitting a little closer to home tomorrow.

My civic club is considering a revised web site. A member's son fancies himself a site developer. Aside from the insanely high cost he's quoting for "administration" (which is mostly social media plugins and a bunch of useless site gadgets we'll never use) he gave us this gem as an example of his prowess.

http://www.charitywater.org/

It's awful. Tomorrow it's being presented to the Board of Directors. I can't wait...  >:D

Brad

It took over a minute for that link to load. More than half of that I was staring at a blank screen. Not encouraging.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
Why do web site developers insist on ruining functionality with whiz-bang?

Because they can. And will.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 11:40:50 PM »
This might not be directly on topic but what's the deal with a page loading like 5-6 or more times so that when you hit the back button it doesn't take you back to the page you want but rather the page you are trying to leave.

Really frustrating.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.