Author Topic: Textured vegetable protein...  (Read 7419 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Textured vegetable protein...
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
I wonder if you make a hot broth of Italian sausage spices to rehydrate the TVP, then use it in marinara sauce would it be tasty in pasta dishes?

I already used some of it in a marinara sauce, and it was quite good. Flavoring it like that would very likely enhance it considerably.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:29 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen TVP at Trader Blows.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »
I'll have to find time to swing by the local TJs. Great prices on cheese. But why do they put TJs in the shopping centers that have the WORST parking areas? The one nearest me is an absolute freaking nightmare.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 07:29:09 AM »
I'll have to find time to swing by the local TJs. Great prices on cheese. But why do they put TJs in the shopping centers that have the WORST parking areas? The one nearest me is an absolute freaking nightmare.

The one in Centreville isn't too bad.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 07:33:16 AM »
The two closest to me, Fairfax and Pimmit Hills off route 7, are absolute freak shows.

The one near my office in Springfield may not be too terrible....

Nope, small lot, LOTS of businesses in the same center.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 07:38:10 AM »
The one near Pimmit Hills is a nightmare.  I used to go to that one when I worked nearby.  I haven't been to Fairfax.  Centreville is much better than the Pimmit Hills one.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 07:42:20 AM »
The only saving grace is that I can leave work early, run to TJs, drop the stuff at my house, and then go to pick up Seren. Just a lot longer to drive.

If I get there about 2:30 it's not too terrible. Saturday/Sunday afternoon, though? NFW.

OK, I just pulled the TJs Centreville up on Google maps, and yeah, looks to be MUCH better. FAR larger lot and better in/out access to the lot. Depending on the time of day it can take 15 minutes just to get out of the Fairfax TJs because the light at the only entrance fights against three other lights on the same road and only about half a dozen cars can get out at a time. It's nuts.